partnerdanceonline.com
April 18, 2014, 11:50:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Becca's Blatherings!!  (Read 7469 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2009, 07:44:50 AM »

:S ..... so the coach my pro asked to choreograph our Pro/am Best of the Best routine for OSB just canceled for the SIXTH time.... I mean i understand that life happens and all and that sometimes things just don't work... but 6 times (in a row) in the space of about 4 weeks? really? *sigh*... I mean if he didn't have the time or he didn't want to do it couldn't he have just said no right off the bat?

.... I'm sorry, That sounded bad..I shouldn't be impatient and I shouldn't complain( I really am thrilled, grateful, and humbled to have been given the opportunities that I DO have, and I am excited to be where I am), I'm just a little disappointed, that's all. I heard some GREAT GREAT things about this coach and was very excited to meet him and learn something from him... maybe one day I will! 

...so anyway pro is thinking of finding someone else to choreograph for us...  I hope we find another coach/choreographer person SOON! So we can get going and have enough time to make it look decent. I'll just have to practice REEEAAAAALLLLY extra hard to make everything look good before OSB. My pro is such a wonderfully great friend that I know it'll be a fun whatever happens!

... I have six (or seven?) weeks before i have to compete a routine that i don't have yet.... I am starting to get a little nervous.... I like to feel completely prepared.  There is a time and a place for flying by the seat of your pants, and a big important competition is NOT it....

If you were a new couple it would be a real problem but if you alredy know the steps it should not be that bad.  last year I had a month to learn the steps and the routines - and then my pro was away for a week and I had to go to a meeting the week before OSB.  That means we actually only had 2 weeks to learn steps and routine.  And it ended as one might expect as a very stressful experience.  We did not do well at all but despite this the whole thing was one of the best experiences I've ever had and I will treasure it (well almost all - there were some unpleasant social things going on). 

The other thing is that the floor is very crowded so it is not very easy to stick to routines - thus the couple that can dance best without them is going to do very well.  I know another couple from here and they just did syllabus - and got through two rounds.

What it boils down to is don't think you have to do fancy routines to do well at OSB - I think its only in the last couple of rounds that the judges are starting to notice what the dancers are doing as apart from how they do them.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »

That's not the part I'm worried about, my comp rounds are all ready to go. We have several different variations of the combinations we do and practiced on crowded floors so changing it up isn't hard. This particular event is the Pro/am best of the best challenge, we have to compete 90 second showdance -like pieces against the other pro/am competitors that won best of the best qualifiers at other competitions. and a showdance without a routine just isn't a showdance, is it?

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »

Ah.  I get your point - sorry if I missed it earlier.  You are right, doing a regular comp routine for a showdance looks good - but not great.  Sounds like your prep is way ahead of ours!!

But maybe your edge is that you will have a crowd of 50 PDOodlers cheering on Smiley

Come to think of it, we need to create a topic where we share our heat lists - that way we can try to be at as many of each others heats as possible.  Maybe we need an early bar meeting....

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »

I'm so proud of myself! I just made this rhinestone thing for my hair for competition and it looks really good! Better even than the ones they sell at comp! Cheesy Cheesy

...only issue is that now I'm like high from using the rhinestone glue... WeeEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! Cheesy Cool

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2009, 12:28:43 AM »

mmm.... could you make one to go with a bubble-gum pink/blue dress Roll Eyes

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2009, 12:34:16 AM »

yep! If you want me to I can! I'll take a picture of the one i made in the morning and show y'all!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2009, 12:48:32 AM »

please do - I just broke my hair decoration comb and lost the piece Sad so I have nothing for the next comp...

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »

OMG im 22 today!! Cheesy Yay Birthdays! Cheesy

So Hotlanta was this past weekend and it was awesome! I had such a great time Smiley I wasn't competing, just watching but it was still great, 6 of my friends were competing so I was the comp big sister for the weekend, lol they got so nervous! But they did well and several of them placed in a couple multidance events! I am very proud of my friends Cheesy Smiley although i must admit watching and not dancing makes me a little sad...lol I want to be out there too!!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2009, 03:26:26 PM »

Happy birthday Becca! 
How come the calendar is telling me its tomorrow..... you're not in Australia ..

Never been to hotlanta but it sounds like a wild comp.  I wonder how it compares to OSB.....

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2009, 01:32:10 AM »

It was Reeeeeally slow this year... not many people were there... In the past several years it was always packed but not this time... I guess a lot of people just don't have the funds right now to be doing a lot of extra comps... sad...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2009, 06:15:53 AM »

wow, I'm surprized, I thought the comps were building up again - we have a topic on that somewhere.. Undecided

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »

FINALLY got choreo yesterday for pro/am best of the best at ohio and i REEEEAAAALLY like it! Cheesy Cheesy it's tough and is gonna take a little extra work, but its totally something that i can accomplish a lot practicing on my own Cheesy this is gonna be fun!

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2009, 11:48:19 AM »

OH! and my new dress should get here today or tomorrow!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2009, 02:24:46 AM »

FINALLY got choreo yesterday for pro/am best of the best at ohio and i REEEEAAAALLY like it! Cheesy Cheesy it's tough and is gonna take a little extra work, but its totally something that i can accomplish a lot practicing on my own Cheesy this is gonna be fun!
congrats   - hopefully your pro is around so you can do it with him too a bit (mine is traveling rather a lot Undecided)

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2009, 02:26:00 AM »

quote author=Becca link=topic=636.msg47585#msg47585 date=1256226499]
OH! and my new dress should get here today or tomorrow!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!
[/quote]

and so are we Smiley
pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic pic

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
  Print  

Jump to: