partnerdanceonline.com
August 02, 2014, 04:36:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Becca's Blatherings!!  (Read 8448 times)
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2009, 11:32:59 AM »

Welcome to Fantasy Island!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

Y'all I am having a blast in Fantasy Island... there is dancing and german chocolate coconut bar cookies Cheesy Cheesy

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2009, 03:35:10 PM »

I am sad today. Sad  My twin died 2 years ago on this coming up Wednesday and I can't seem to stop thinking about the whole situation and being depressed. I miss him. I wish I could tell him that I'm sorry.. Sad  I need something to keep my mind busy, well either that or a LARGE glass of wine... or Vodka.... buuuuut I can't drink anymore anyway because of epilepsy so I need something to do.... My boyfriend is taking me to the Latin Club tonight so maybe that will be good.. I hope so, I need a good day. Sad

Oi.. subject change.... I had a great lesson yesterday. We worked on rhythm, our routines are starting to get to that point where they feel really solid.  I still have a lot of cleaning up to do though.  I just need to get to the studio and run drills by myself for a couple of hours every week and then I think i'll feel more secure in my technique and balance.  If I can do my routines in balance by myself, then it should just be that much more in balance when I dance it with my pro.  It will give me time to think about connection.. I'm not really worried about my smooth, it feels really natural.  I mean there are def. a few places in my routines where I could use my back more and make it more dynamic, but overall it looks clean. It might be time to push it again and see what happens.. I love dancing... it's so great. Smiley

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2009, 03:56:38 PM »

*hugs*  He knows.  Even if you never said it, he knows.
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »

I haven't been on PDO in like a week... y'all thats terrible!! I've been so busy working and practicing and everything whenever i get home i go straight to bed! Anywayyyy... My (smooth) dress is in the process of being made for Ohio! Soooo excited its a really pretty light blue with black stoning Cheesy Cheesy once again... SOOOO excited! OMG and i just thought about it Ohio is like two months away....geeze... I've been trying to get some choreography from a coach and my pro keeps telling me oh this weekend we'll go up there, and then he says the coach canceled, then has tells me the same thing the following weekend... and then he cancels... rather frustrating... It just makes me nervous to not have the choreography yet when the comp is like 7ish weeks away... oh well, it will be fine... i hope.

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »

Do you have a "Plan B" coach that you could get in touch with?

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2009, 07:49:21 PM »

nope, no plan B, this guy is realllllly good and reallly musical. my instructor says its worth it to just wait.

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2009, 12:58:41 AM »

This is what I am having made for OSB!! I'm so excited! I LOVE it! And I can't wait til it gets here!! What do y'all think??? I think it's perfect for smooth and that color will look awesome with my pale pale skin! yay Smiley Cheesy

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2009, 01:04:26 AM »

nope, no plan B, this guy is realllllly good and reallly musical. my instructor says its worth it to just wait.

Ditto.

And, um, that dress?  Oooooooooohh....*drool*
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2009, 08:37:31 AM »

gorgeous - subtle yet also exciting... when do we see a pic with you in it Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2009, 01:16:46 AM »

When I get it of course! Cheesy

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2009, 05:41:18 AM »

good point Roll Eyes
you could photoshop though Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »

This is what I am having made for OSB!! I'm so excited! I LOVE it! And I can't wait til it gets here!! What do y'all think??? I think it's perfect for smooth and that color will look awesome with my pale pale skin! yay Smiley Cheesy

Its lovely.  What are the godets made from - looks like Organza?   I have printed off a copy - I hope you don't mind.  I am always on the look out for ideas and even though that style wouldn't suit me - it gives me an idea for my next gown.  Grin - mummsie
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »

No problem at all Mummsie! I think its satin... i'll let you know when i get it!!
 Cheesy

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2009, 02:35:37 AM »

:S ..... so the coach my pro asked to choreograph our Pro/am Best of the Best routine for OSB just canceled for the SIXTH time.... I mean i understand that life happens and all and that sometimes things just don't work... but 6 times (in a row) in the space of about 4 weeks? really? *sigh*... I mean if he didn't have the time or he didn't want to do it couldn't he have just said no right off the bat?

.... I'm sorry, That sounded bad..I shouldn't be impatient and I shouldn't complain( I really am thrilled, grateful, and humbled to have been given the opportunities that I DO have, and I am excited to be where I am), I'm just a little disappointed, that's all. I heard some GREAT GREAT things about this coach and was very excited to meet him and learn something from him... maybe one day I will! 

...so anyway pro is thinking of finding someone else to choreograph for us...  I hope we find another coach/choreographer person SOON! So we can get going and have enough time to make it look decent. I'll just have to practice REEEAAAAALLLLY extra hard to make everything look good before OSB. My pro is such a wonderfully great friend that I know it'll be a fun whatever happens!

... I have six (or seven?) weeks before i have to compete a routine that i don't have yet.... I am starting to get a little nervous.... I like to feel completely prepared.  There is a time and a place for flying by the seat of your pants, and a big important competition is NOT it....

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: