partnerdanceonline.com
December 19, 2014, 09:23:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Becca's Blatherings!!  (Read 10311 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2009, 08:52:38 PM »

If you want to post a picture (I'm guessing you are trying Tongue):
if its on a web page you use the image button (check out the google topic)
if its on your hard drive upload it as an attachment. You have to 'reply' to the topic (not use the quick post window at the bottom of the page) then click on attachments under the text window.  There you can browse the hard drive and select your image.

However, it must be under 125 kB - so its best to do it as a JPEG not a TIFF.

BTW 'microsoft office picture manager' is a great picture editing program on most PC windows software that allows you to crop, adjust contrast/brighness and size.  BUT BEWARE!!  if you click 'save changes' it will write over your original file - so if you started with a 4 meg image and reduced it to 100 kB it will replace the former with the latter.  The way to avoid that is to 'save as' any image you have made and want to keep and then always say NO to the save changes when you close the program.  Its a really stupid feature.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2009, 09:47:12 PM »

Thanks ee! I use mac instead of windows so i guess i'll have to figure out how to use what i have

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2009, 09:49:48 PM »

Oh now it's working! Thanks again ee!

This is Soul Man! The most awesome Parrot/Pet in the world!!  Grin Cheesy

(I realize this has nothing to do with dancing, but it is the bloggy spot after all Smiley )
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 11:13:52 PM by Becca » Logged

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 06:08:32 AM »

he is gorgeous - and his owner is not too bad either Wink
[and yes, its bloggy spot so anything goes, er, thats decent that is! Wink]

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »

We finally picked out our music for our Best of the Best routine at Ohio!!! I'm sooo excited,  It's James Bond themed!!! how cool is that?!?!  Time to start some drawings for the dress I want to design Cheesy Cheesy yay yay yay!!!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 07:55:45 PM »

thats it!  just get a can of gold spray paint...

we have to get all of PDO to come and cheer you on Becca!

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »

lol why? Because all I would be wearing is gold spray paint?!?! eeek!!! lol... uhhh i don't think they would let me go on the floor naked...tehehee.... yes yes and you have to come cheer me on!! I can't wait to see all of you there!! Cheesy

.....what about a gold body suit...? like a unitard..?? hmmm something to consider....
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 12:49:52 PM by Becca » Logged

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 01:45:01 PM »

Combo gold bodysuit and body paint?

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 02:09:54 PM »

you know that is a really good idea, the only thing is that the song we are using is from the new movie "Quantum of Solace".... if it was from "Goldfinger" i would totally do the bodysuit thing... the Bond girl in the new movie wears this really simple black dress, i might to something like that, then i could always wear it again....

...btw.. anyone know of a reallly good seamstress in Atl?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 09:05:24 PM »

.... I got one in toronto, is that any help Roll Eyes

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »

lol why? Because all I would be wearing is gold spray paint?!?!

Umm... yeah!   Grin
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 10:10:41 AM »

LOL... I know what type of dress I want... now I just need a seamstress... so I'm on the search for a good one. Smiley

I haven't been on PDO in several days i've been so busy.  I got a new job but i really dislike it.  It is just a temporary retail job, but I REALLLLLY don't like it.  ok well, no, it would be fine if the people who worked there weren't so uneducated, intolerant, and racist. There are a few really great people, I really like one of my managers. She is a no-nonsense kind of woman and i like her straight forward honesty and realistic attitude. ...... But some of the other people, my gosh....  And I have NEVER been in any situation where people just automatically didn't trust me at all..?? I mean they check your bags anytime you leave the store!  And apparently (the manager told me) that they have a really big problem with employees stealing!! can you believe that?!?! That is just so absolutely ridiculous to me! Why would anyone sacrifice their personal integrity for a $20 shirt?!?! It just does NOT make any rational sense.  .....Wow. sorry for the rant... lol

I only have to do this job until I have saved enough money to pay for OSB, maybe 3 more months of working.... (I HOPE! I HOPE! I HOPE!) then it's back to just me and dancing and university. .... er lol... for the time being at least.

...the things we put up with to go to comp....**sigh** but it is SOOO worth it Smiley

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 11:41:47 PM »

So I has a lesson today, and it was WONDERFUL! I have been so busy that I haven't been able to get to the studio for much much longer than I would like.  We worked on cleaning up and tweaking our routines in Smooth. I LOVE LOVE LOVE smooth. It's the best! Smiley

.... so... I am totally game for forgetting about the real world entirely and just dancing. ALL the time.

... and yes fantasy land is great, lol, want to join me in fantasy/ happy land?  ... I'll be there for a while...

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2009, 11:07:13 AM »

I seem to be living a good bit of my life these days in fantasy land, welcome aboard!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »

I seem to be living a good bit of my life these days in fantasy land, welcome aboard!
*hops on the boat*  Let's sail baby! Smiley

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: