partnerdanceonline.com
September 19, 2014, 09:53:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Becca's Blatherings!!  (Read 8918 times)
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:07 AM »

Thanks M! I think you're right about it just being  our background in dance.... i'll have to keep working on actively thinking... lol!

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »

Sooo... Last year I competed in Hotlanta Dance Challenge with my former pro. And my new pro and new studio want me to compete there again.  I did well last year earning 1st in Pro/am closed silver rhythm scholarship and 2nd in smooth (out of 30 something couples in both).  I still am dancing silver now and am going to compete in silver at ohio in november.  The problem is that they want me to dance up a level this year. Open gold 9 dance scholarships. Now, since I still am dancing closed silver I can't decide what is the best decision... just not go and save my money for more dancing in Ohio... or go to Hotlanta, dance up a level (which I don't think I'm ready for) and get my butt kicked... royally.  I don't know if I should be happy and honored that they are asking me to dance up a level because they think i can do it or if they are just asking me to do it to make more money at the comp.  I realize that this sounds slightly (...ok well reallllly) cynical, i just really dont know what to do. :-/ meh.  The studio owner also said that I should do it because I was their only hope of winning anything.  Ok so I am their only pro/am student that has won anything... ever... but they are a new studio and I still don't think that I'm that great.  I don't want to let anybody down and I know that if i dance up a level like they want me to then that is a huge possibility. And what happens when I let them down at some other comp... ahhh.

Ok so I just re-read that and it is sooooo negative....  I guess everyone has times in their dancing when they're down on themselves a little, and don't feel like they're dancing at their best. I just need to look on the positive side and continue to try my very best and then no matter what happens at comp i'll know that its ok because I DID do my very best.

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

OOOoooh yeah!  Things that have happened lately but i've forgotten to mention:

I got a job! I was bored taking the semester off and now maybe i can take more lessons and maybe do more comps! Cheesy

I am seriously thinking about switching my college major from a double major in History and Political Sciences to a major in Philosophy with a concentration in Pre-Law... haven't decided yet but i think it might be the better decision since i am Transferring Universities anyway...

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »

Is there some specific reason they want you to dance up, Becca?  If there's no real reason and they just want you to do it, I'd tell them, "Sorry, I'm only comfortable dancing Silver, and if you don't like that, then I'll just skip Hotlanta and only do Ohio."

Where are you transferring schools?
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2009, 04:09:34 PM »

I don't want to dance up because I don't think im ready.  They want me to dance up only because they want me to compete there.  A ton of students from our studio are going there to compete because its the same city.  I dunno... It would be cheep because it's local, but I just don't know...

I'm Transferring schools (again) because I had to move back home with my parents in Atlanta.  I have a seizure/syncope disorder that im trying to get diagnosed, I could no longer live by myself safely and it prevents me from driving quite alot, so it just made sense to move back.  i'm transferring from Clemson University to Georgia State University... lol my whole family went there so I don't think i'll have much of a problem getting in Smiley Wink

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »

Well is there some reason you can't compete in Silver at Hotlanta?

LOL, I wish I'd known that--I just spent the weekend in Clemson for my friend's graduation!  He's a football player.
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »

I can't compete silver in Hotlanta this year because i won all the american style closed silver stuff last year. The multi-dance silver championships and scholarships.... well all but one thing in smooth... and it just doesn't make sense to go to a comp. and do just one smooth thing thats only 3 dances anyway... I mean if im going to go to a comp. i want to go all out and do as much as i can in both styles.  ...........Maybe I should just move up after Ohio...... *sigh* i don't know I need to talk to my teachers a bit more first.     

OH I wish I had known that you were in Clemson! That would have been fun!

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 05:07:21 PM »

Ah, gotcha.  Maybe it would be best to sit the comp out then.  I mean, Ohio's WAY more important.

As for Clemson, I'm sure I'll be making it down there again for at least one of the home games this year (the players don't get any time off after away games because they're an insurance liability to the school), and I just have to see him play his last year.  Maybe you could make it up the same weekend?  There's pics on my FB, BTW.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 07:31:39 PM by MusicChica » Logged
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 02:52:20 PM »

lol errr no I am quite head over heels in love with my current boyfriend Cheesy Wink Grin ... but thanks for the heads up! tehehehee

Anyway... so has anyone noticed that OSB is 13 weeks away...? Oi! I have so much to do...

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 02:55:30 PM »

LOL you can't have mine anyway!  Cheesy Just thought you might want to grab a game.
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 03:14:40 PM »

LOL I know just kidding! Wink Cheesy I never go to games really, me and sporting events really do not get along... im an indoors kind of girl!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 04:25:04 PM »

becca - just decide for yourself - sounds to me like you already have and that is to stay in silver and compete at OSB.  If you already won at hotlanta that would be the next level up for sure - you would go in a contender and might well come out a winner.  Thats what I think you want to do - and thats also what I think I would do.

Besides, we all want to see you and cheer you on at OSB!!
ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 08:28:47 PM »

I know i've talked about him on other boards but I thought I'd put up pitures... This is Soul Man (Sully) I Love him  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy!!  He is frequently sitting on my shoulder when I am posting! Smiley

[img]/Users/rebeccajones/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Aug 12, 2009_2/5691_509654971658_146700715_30444636_614189_n.jpg[img]

[img]/Users/rebeccajones/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2009/Aug 12, 2009_2/5691_509654976648_146700715_30444637_4970659_n.jpg[img]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 08:33:24 PM by Becca » Logged

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 08:34:39 PM »

oi... fail

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 08:39:44 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8