partnerdanceonline.com
September 21, 2014, 06:12:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Becca's Blatherings!!  (Read 8943 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »

becca - I know exactly how you feel 'cause I went through the same last year.  I mean you have nothing to compare it with - at OSB I saw pro/am women who usually compete in gold out on the floor in bronze and not doing so well.  We came something like 41st out of 46 in our heat!  But it was all such an amazing experience.  Its really ballroom carnival!  Sick or not, you're results were terrific - and let the DVD be for a while.  The first time you look at it its all mistakes but if you leave it and then look at it again the good stuff comes out.  You might even pluck up courage an post it on utube as I did.  No one expects us to be perfect after all...

I don't suppose you watched the team match last night did you?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2009, 03:43:57 AM »

i did! it was so much fun to watch! Why weren't you out there supporting Canada Elise?!?! You are so fantastic im sure they could use you!

Thanks for the encouragement.. It means a lot!

There is ALWAYS a reason to dance! Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2009, 03:53:46 AM »

i did! it was so much fun to watch! Why weren't you out there supporting Canada Elise?!?! You are so fantastic im sure they could use you!

Thanks for the encouragement.. It means a lot!
I wish you had seen my post earlier - I really wanted to know who was on the Canadian team in Standard.  I was on it last year.  Its supposed to be organized by team match points on the dancesport series - but I think the connection is very loose.  I would love to compare the point scoring to the actual competitors....

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2009, 09:22:48 AM »

Oh sorry I missed that post elise... I know Beverly Moore was dancing, she's from canada right?

Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »

I kinda feel like i let my pro down... Sad

... ok change of attitude starting now!!

It was a great experience, I learned a lot and There is always next year! Smiley
The great thing about a setback is that it leaves the field wide open for a comeback!  Good luck Becca! 

I know what you mean about the competitors at OSB.  These aren't normal competitors.  I've heard that their diet is comprised entirely of bottles of adrenaline and cans of whoopass. 
samina
Silver

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2009, 06:09:06 PM »

Ok...sooo.... to be honest I really wasn't happy with how I danced this week.... I KNOW i can do better... ( I mean I did have a fever and bronchitis and taking what seems like a million and a half doctor ordered medicines). I mean I know no one can control when they get sick but why god why at osb.... mehhhhhhh Sad

.... and I was watching my videos... oh dear .... ooooooohhh dear.... wow I can do so much better than that big ol' mess... oi

But I did learn a lot! Everyone here is amazing... I was just expecting like normal competition, yeah right these people are not normal competition people.... wow!

sorry if I sound like im complaining, I really don't mean to, I had a good time regardless of the other stuff, It just that I would be lying if i said i wasn't a little bit disappointed... and I kinda feel like i let my pro down... Sad

... ok change of attitude starting now!!

It was a great experience, I learned a lot and There is always next year! Smiley
i felt the same way last year. *hug*

those comps happen. and with OSB... it's just so huge... it's easy for personally mediocre dancing to feel anti-climactic after such a buildup!

focus on the positives, regroup... and just remember there's a whole arc of progress goin' on. *more hugz*
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2009, 02:56:53 AM »

yes you cant hit yourslef about these things, learn and move on....it is all part of the journey

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2009, 06:13:26 AM »

Oh sorry I missed that post elise... I know Beverly Moore was dancing, she's from canada right?

Yup, she's from Montreal and one of the pro/am stars so its is a given that she is on the team - he wins almost everything.  The question is if she was not in C (which is likely) who else was there? 

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2009, 10:14:34 PM »

Elise I think she competed a,b, and c standard...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2009, 02:02:08 AM »

I talked to her - turns out there was no team 7 this year after all so she was competing for a different team.

Also talked to Sam S and apparently I was supposed to be ON the team.  Just that noone actually let me know Cheesy

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »

I apologize beforehand for the negativity, I just want to post this. I'm not sure why...

So I was just looking at score sheets...

..... Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry ......

..I don't think the Judges like me very much... I mean i shouldn't be so hard on myself because I did have the Flu, a fever, and was stock full of cold medicine, so naturally I wasn't at my best.... and I KNOW I wasn't at my best... I mean I made a lot of just stupid mistakes, and totally was not at full energy, so it looked sloppy and tired I guess, but still....  Cry

And.. so this guy that I have gotten coaching from before and he judges sometimes came up to me and said: ".. oh honey... we have GOT to get you a new rhythm dress... Oh and that smooth dress... oh dear... yeah, you need a new one of those too...."

...uhh.... OUCH!.... geeze that was harsh.... I mean honesty is a great thing, and he wouldn't have said anything about it if he really didn't want me to do better... so I need to just get over it and save for a new dress...

It's just that I have had to cut my lessons way down as it is because of finances... which really stinks! I mean I'm having a really hard time paying for my college classes and books... much less extra lessons and more competitions and brand new costumes! Sad

I need to win the lottery and find an AM partner...

Sorry again for the negativity... just been feeling a little down lately... Where can you find a good confidence boost when you need one?  Huh Embarrassed Undecided

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2009, 01:23:20 AM »

OK, so you have made your complaint. Now, what are you going to do about it? Find a constructive way of dealing with all the complaints. I am sure you will come up with solutions once you really look for them. Looking for to hear about the solutions!

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2009, 02:42:38 AM »

I am sorry for complaining so much. I was just feeling down today, so I was venting frustration, I know I need to focus on the positive... The solutions are that I am working extra to pay for the lessons I need and working really hard in school so I can get a better job after college, I have put adds out on parter search websites to find an AM partner and I am going to try to sell the dresses that don't work. I have doubled my individual practice time because of the lack of lessons as well. I AM trying...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2009, 05:59:44 AM »

Good for you Becca.  You will see that for some of us (myself included) dancing is a lot easier because we have financial resources (well to be more accurate had!!) but unless we had very wealthy parents (I did not) we have all struggled as you currently are and do understand.  And I predict that one day you will be writing the same thing to another younger dancer (or other interest if it changes)....

And don't take the judges too seriously on life issues. What I mean is that dance IS their world whereas yours is studying, creating a life, finding partners, making a career, surviving financially etc etc  All they see is that narrow corner and they naively treat that as the whole you....

Finally, "competition is the interlude between performances".  I heard that line from a radio interview I heard with an up and coming Canadian cellist and love the concept.  The Real Thing is learning to do something, performing is just a pause on the learning process.  That helps me to stay focused on the most important thing of all: my dancing ability - and I no longer need a competition to demonstrate to me what that is.

And we are rootin' for you.

Becca
Open Bronze

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2009, 10:55:28 PM »

SOOO you know what would be the coolest thing ever??!?! a SMOOTH formation team..... i mean think about it... all the cool patterns and stretchy shapes... I want to get one of those together in this country... there isn't very much of it in North America... OMG it would just be the coolest thing EVER!!!! I mean cooler than sliced bread and ice cubes Cheesy Cheesy LOL.... now THAT is sayin' something...

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: