partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 06:26:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116386 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Elegant dresses and gowns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Elegant dresses and gowns  (Read 3298 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 04:12:24 AM »

Its an interesting chemical element of ballroom - lets hope no one finds that long term use of tanner is carcinogenic or something Shocked

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »

yes one of the reasons why I don't use it. the same as sunscreen, it has ingredients that has more that 24 letters in its name so I wonder what it does for your skin.
but I take on board what Malakawa  says as I have seen people on the dancing floor looking white as white can be in a purple dress under lights...not a good look!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »

OK so what if you look groteque up close will the reverse work Roll Eyes
Just hypothetical mind you - I hope!

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »

yes one of the reasons why I don't use it. the same as sunscreen, it has ingredients that has more that 24 letters in its name so I wonder what it does for your skin.

Grin

So does shampoo and conditioner though...
BUt it's amazing what a term of Organic Chem did to help me understand them. They now make more sense than tri-hexanolethylmethylchlorideblerugh. That probably doesn't exist.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 02:35:11 PM »

Makup sits on the skin, I think most tanners actually reacts with it, I think thats what makes me wary. 

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

thanks MK... Do you get this (profitan) at comps?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

My reworked latin / standard dress is just amazing.  I was quite worried when I went to pick it up since I had no idea what she was going to do.  I was so shocked and happy at the results.  A very very top notch dress that should stand out in the crowd and is very modern.  The latin part had the bottom changed so that it can turn into a standard dress yet make a super latin dress.  It is beyond my expectations for both latin and standard.  I have my purple standard dress there and she is taking the top off and redoing it too.  My two piece latin is getting a longer fringe and I am putting more stones onto it.  It saves a lot of money having my stones and putting them on myself.  I collect them at the competitions and at Kingston alone I found 207.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »

Cna't wait to see it R.  I suppose I will at the Ontario open Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 09:20:34 PM »

If all is well yes.  Fingers crossed.  I'm still hacking up a lung but my lung capacity is almost half now so compared to the less than a third of last weekend it's a good sign.  Will see how it goes when we have lessons this weekend.  I feel like an old chain smokerand when I am out people still look at me like I'm a plague victim.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »

yes , yes you did rugby, you looked tired, haggard  and almost as if you werent all there !   
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »

yes , yes you did rugby, you looked tired, haggard  and almost as if you werent all there !   

And that was on my good day.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »

Its an interesting chemical element of ballroom - lets hope no one finds that long term use of tanner is carcinogenic or something Shocked

BBQ sauce maybe?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »

you old charmer you.....

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:01 PM »

Isn't he great! 

But then again this is the new look I'm going for.  Keeps people fooled, not expecting anything from me, which makes them over-confident and feel like they don't have to try that hard out on the floor.  See, that's my new tactic.  Let people think you are a space cadet then their guard is down.  Then, out on the floor I change and they are thrown off their game.  Wha ha ha.     

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

Hmmm.  So now I have to play the space cadet game? 
Maybe I will dress in that ghostbusters marshmallow suit

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: