partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 04:15:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Elegant dresses and gowns
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Elegant dresses and gowns  (Read 3179 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 04:12:24 AM »

Its an interesting chemical element of ballroom - lets hope no one finds that long term use of tanner is carcinogenic or something Shocked

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 05:48:22 AM »

yes one of the reasons why I don't use it. the same as sunscreen, it has ingredients that has more that 24 letters in its name so I wonder what it does for your skin.
but I take on board what Malakawa  says as I have seen people on the dancing floor looking white as white can be in a purple dress under lights...not a good look!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 09:24:31 AM »

OK so what if you look groteque up close will the reverse work Roll Eyes
Just hypothetical mind you - I hope!

Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »

yes one of the reasons why I don't use it. the same as sunscreen, it has ingredients that has more that 24 letters in its name so I wonder what it does for your skin.

Grin

So does shampoo and conditioner though...
BUt it's amazing what a term of Organic Chem did to help me understand them. They now make more sense than tri-hexanolethylmethylchlorideblerugh. That probably doesn't exist.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 02:35:11 PM »

Makup sits on the skin, I think most tanners actually reacts with it, I think thats what makes me wary. 

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:47 PM »

thanks MK... Do you get this (profitan) at comps?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

My reworked latin / standard dress is just amazing.  I was quite worried when I went to pick it up since I had no idea what she was going to do.  I was so shocked and happy at the results.  A very very top notch dress that should stand out in the crowd and is very modern.  The latin part had the bottom changed so that it can turn into a standard dress yet make a super latin dress.  It is beyond my expectations for both latin and standard.  I have my purple standard dress there and she is taking the top off and redoing it too.  My two piece latin is getting a longer fringe and I am putting more stones onto it.  It saves a lot of money having my stones and putting them on myself.  I collect them at the competitions and at Kingston alone I found 207.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »

Cna't wait to see it R.  I suppose I will at the Ontario open Smiley

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2009, 09:20:34 PM »

If all is well yes.  Fingers crossed.  I'm still hacking up a lung but my lung capacity is almost half now so compared to the less than a third of last weekend it's a good sign.  Will see how it goes when we have lessons this weekend.  I feel like an old chain smokerand when I am out people still look at me like I'm a plague victim.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »

yes , yes you did rugby, you looked tired, haggard  and almost as if you werent all there !   
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2009, 09:46:25 PM »

yes , yes you did rugby, you looked tired, haggard  and almost as if you werent all there !   

And that was on my good day.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »

Its an interesting chemical element of ballroom - lets hope no one finds that long term use of tanner is carcinogenic or something Shocked

BBQ sauce maybe?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2009, 03:35:46 AM »

you old charmer you.....

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:01 PM »

Isn't he great! 

But then again this is the new look I'm going for.  Keeps people fooled, not expecting anything from me, which makes them over-confident and feel like they don't have to try that hard out on the floor.  See, that's my new tactic.  Let people think you are a space cadet then their guard is down.  Then, out on the floor I change and they are thrown off their game.  Wha ha ha.     

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

Hmmm.  So now I have to play the space cadet game? 
Maybe I will dress in that ghostbusters marshmallow suit

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: