partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Something really sad - RIP Patric Swayze
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Something really sad - RIP Patric Swayze  (Read 761 times)
malakawa
Open Bronze

« on: September 14, 2009, 08:56:44 PM »

Just read that Patrick died.  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

I don't know how many times did I watch Dirty Dancing.  Cry Cry Cry Cry

Don't know what to say.  Cry Cry Cry Cry

RIP

for me he will always be a dancer, not only actor.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_swayze

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:06:38 PM »

I just saw Dirty Dancing in the theatre as part of a fundraiser for Pancreatic Cancer research.

I may have to pull out that DVD... So sad. Sad

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:52:02 AM »

PS, PS

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 09:07:37 AM »

It is always sad when someone still young life ends so early. He seemed like he enjoyed his life and did the things he loved, he survived much longer than most pancreatic cancer sufferers,, so he did well...I just wish these diseases could be a thing of the past but we are still far away from that...

RIP

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:49:20 PM »

Gosh ... I remember being SO over the top about PS. really. I first saw him in the mini series North and South, then Love and War. WOW. The when Dirty Dancing came out ... for me it was magical. I was 17 ... had just ended my ballet career and about to start a new life as a mother and a wife. I sat there watching this movie crying and wistfully thinking about what I had given up and how much it was going to break my heart to never dance again.

Dirty Dancing and the dancing in that movie was the first time I thought WOW I can dance with someone and have it look beautiful. It started initially the quest to find out about THAT kind of dancing. then 11 yrs later my husband gives me a salsa lesson at a local studio as a gift and well 8 yrs or so after that I FINALLY go to Atlantic and the rest is history.

I am grateful that movies like Footloose and Dirty Dancing helped my era (I know I am making the 80s like we are SO old) realize dancing can be fun and beautiful like it was when Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers, Gene Kelly, and all of the old Hollywood greats use to do.

DUDE...you know about North and South???  I LOVE THAT MINISERIES!!!  I have them all on DVD!  Seriously, I can't believe you know about it.  In all my years, literally you're only the second person outside of SC I've met that's ever even heard of it, much less watched it.  After we heard about Patrick, me and my other friend that loves it decided that we needed to have a N&S marathon.  Now we're just trying to schedule a time when we can both settle in for that much DVD-watching!
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 03:30:08 PM »

Hey now, I've heard of it, too, from before I lived in South Carolina!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »

Wish you could be here for the marathon!
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 10:16:49 PM »

I always thought he would be the perfect guy for me.  He was into dancing, horses and had many of the same beliefs I do.  And of course he was great looking with a supreme body. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »

I saw his face on the front of a magazine today and I felt really sad.  There are so few really nice people around....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: