partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 12:45:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116442 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Regions
| | | |-+  Aussieland (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | | |-+  DWTS Australia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: DWTS Australia  (Read 6529 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »

yes she was outside her comfort zone indeed.....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 06:31:39 AM »

Just watching this week - all of the celebrities need to tidy up their legs in jive. They are just throwing them out in the direction they need to, and hope they go there, whereas the pros put their legs where they want to. It just makes the celebrities look much more messy.

Layne's foxtrot is coming up now...let's see what this is like.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 07:38:01 AM »

..damn
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »

missed the first dance so not sure how good that was. the rest of them well, pretty ordinary...Not that I expect them to be professional, but they can have a lot of training and should come up reasonably well.
The person that went was a surprise but you just dont know.....

since the votes are a week behind it will be interesting to see who is going next week.

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 06:58:06 PM »

haven't watched it yet.  My son had a comp yesterday that didn't finish until after 9 last night.  He did very well.  He got 4 first places  Grin Level 1/2 amd 2/3 New Vogue and Standard.  His new tails know how to dance.!!!!  Grin - mummsie
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »

haven't watched it yet.  My son had a comp yesterday that didn't finish until after 9 last night.  He did very well.  He got 4 first places  Grin Level 1/2 amd 2/3 New Vogue and Standard.  His new tails know how to dance.!!!!  Grin - mummsie

Congrats to him! Hope my new tails know how to dance too!  Grin
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 08:27:53 AM »

haven't watched it yet.  My son had a comp yesterday that didn't finish until after 9 last night.  He did very well.  He got 4 first places  Grin Level 1/2 amd 2/3 New Vogue and Standard.  His new tails know how to dance.!!!!  Grin - mummsie

Good to him and glad the suit did well, will be interested to hear your comments on the dancing when you have got to watch it.
(don't forget to put a report in under what is happening in your area..would love to hear more about the comp)

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 06:28:10 PM »

I watched DWTS last night.  I must say I wasn't really surprised with the person who was dropped this week.  I thought the dancing was a good standard for the length of time they have been dancing.  Some of the foxtrots were way too fast though - more like quick rythem than foxtrot but at least the music this week was better suited to the 2 dances.  Foxtrot is a big stretch this early into the competition, I felt for them. Smiley  mummsie
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 04:53:27 AM »

I watched DWTS last night.  I must say I wasn't really surprised with the person who was dropped this week.  I thought the dancing was a good standard for the length of time they have been dancing.  Some of the foxtrots were way too fast though - more like quick rythem than foxtrot but at least the music this week was better suited to the 2 dances.  Foxtrot is a big stretch this early into the competition, I felt for them. Smiley  mummsie

Interesting you said that. I know his Jive was not that exciting....there are still others that are equally not good.  but there is only going to be one person at the end. I agree I thought the foxtrots were very fast also....Some people are going to be better at one style than the other.

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 01:02:53 AM »

Another episode will be on again shortly, will be interesting to see if there is any improvement in their dance, I think most of them are struggling with the Latin component...

Any ideas who will be off tonight?  I keep saying Fiona but I dont know now.

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 03:35:17 AM »

*hopes that Layne will go*

I just don't like her.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 08:24:50 AM »

Alas it did not happen. so gi figure.. it just depends on who gets on the telephone....but next week it will be some New Vogue ..yippee will be interesting to see. or as they called it Australian Smooth

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 08:30:39 AM »

Mmmm...mixture between NV and Viennese...

But first and foremost, Why were (almost) all of the quicksteps jives!?!?. Just....gah! They kept complaining that they weren't quickstepping enough, maybe the music made the pros think too much of jivey stuff...oy...(though I gotta say it was more the lack of decent music that irked me, not so much the judges decisions. I think they were fine)

I liked Fiona this week. She was very bubbly and looked pretty good. Layne also got better.
I also don't have a problem with little-miss-model-girl going, because she's not that great.
Love how Stefano was the only guy (even amongst the pros) to wear full tails. He looked really good.

*starts raving about how good tails look on guys*
*swoon*

Grin
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »

I have found the music this season not the most inspiring...and agree don't know why the male pros did not wear suits either and some of them did appalling quicksteps. I know they are latin people but I would have thought they would choose pros that could cross over. Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 08:59:58 AM »

I guess it might be because the latin aspect appeals more to the public, but still...

Jade's dress was awesome. I wants it
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: