partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 12:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Stoning a ballgown
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Stoning a ballgown  (Read 1535 times)
skipper
Bronze

« on: July 11, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »

How does a person know how many stones to order for a ballgown? The more you order, the cheaper per bag. BUT I do not want to overorder.

Help!
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 03:25:58 PM »

It's a good idea to have some concept of the design you want to use for the stoning--whether it will be a simple scatter or some kind of pattern, etc.  That will start to give you an idea of how many you may need.  Or conversely, if you're waiting for inspiration until the stones get there, you can start with 20 gross.  That's a pretty good number to start out with, and if you need more you can always order more.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 03:56:24 PM »

good question. I just ordered stones for my dress and I am starting wth 20 gross

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 04:19:51 PM »

i always started with 20 gross, but end up with 50 or 60  Grin

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 01:15:39 PM »

I asked my pros wife for 20 gross. they only got me 10.

grumble.

NOW WHAT!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrr

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 01:52:48 PM »

Order another 10 without them.  You don't have to order stones through your pro.
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:10:53 PM »

how much you pay stones.

I can get under $100 for 10 gross.  Wink

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 03:24:20 PM »

how much you pay stones.

I can get under $100 for 10 gross.  Wink

54.00 for 10 gross the rose ones. not bad.

I just need another 10 or 20 gross so I can make a cuff and choker and add more to my dress.

10 gross does not seem like enough for the dress. So 20 for the dress and another 10 for the cuff and choker right?

I'll post pics of dres tonight

malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »

how much you pay stones.

I can get under $100 for 10 gross.  Wink

I just need another 10 or 20 gross so I can make a cuff and choker and add more to my dress.

10 gross does not seem like enough for the dress. So 20 for the dress and another 10 for the cuff and choker right?

price is good. the most expencive are crystal AB.

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 09:12:16 PM »

I don't know what size stones you got, but you can get 10 gross of the ss16 Rose stones from DanceShopper for $54.50, and if you order 2 packs (over $100), they give you free shipping.  I recommend ss20 if you're making cuffs and/or other jewelry though.

That amount sounds about right.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:24 PM »

Maybe 20 gross is a good measure, at blackpool Chrisanne sells packs of stones, each pack like 10 gross = 1440 pcs

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 10:58:49 PM »

Did the ironing and somemore stoning. worked out that the stones were actually iron on ones  Undecided, so went over the dress with an iron some of the stones moved over the iron base, I tried to scrape the base off but was too difficult. Undecided

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 12:02:58 AM »

Did the ironing and somemore stoning. worked out that the stones were actually iron on ones  Undecided, so went over the dress with an iron some of the stones moved over the iron base, I tried to scrape the base off but was too difficult. Undecided

I have been wondering about the iron on stones.  Last time I bought stones, the guy tried to talk me into them saying they were so much easier but I had a feeling it would be fiddly.  Thanks for answering my question abliet a random one  Cheesy mm
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2010, 12:56:20 AM »

I have been wondering about the iron on stones.  Last time I bought stones, the guy tried to talk me into them saying they were so much easier but I had a feeling it would be fiddly.  Thanks for answering my question abliet a random one  Cheesy mm

I suppose if you have an ironing press it would work well but when you just work on a normal Iron it is not successful. I have glued them all.

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2010, 12:42:28 AM »

Just wondered if anyone has tips about how to remove the iron base from the stones, I hve glued them on but I an told that the stone comes off from the base levaving a dot which then you have to peel off. So rather than do that I thought it might be easier to take the iron base first? any Ideas

Dance Forum
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: