partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 12:45:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  The PDO-Dancesport Event
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The PDO-Dancesport Event  (Read 1391 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: July 31, 2009, 05:39:46 AM »

Lets suppose PDO sponsored a dancesport event.  What would you like in it?
Anything goes Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 08:31:58 AM »

New Vogue!
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:38:00 AM »

Some sort of amazing floorshow, I'm sure we'd have no trouble finding someone Wink

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

I think we'd need to push it beyond just a DanceSport event.  We could have a multi-room venue and cover DanceSport, Salsa, the various forms of Swing, Hustle...basically, have representation of all of the competitive forms of partner dancing that we represent.

Same idea for Zac's floorshow. Smiley

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 10:43:02 AM »

I think we have enough instrumentalists to have a live PDO band (cameo performance only - M is already DJ...)!

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 10:45:45 AM »

I think we have enough instrumentalists to have a live PDO band (cameo performance only - M is already DJ...)!
Or, have a setup like they do at Blackpool.  The band plays for the evening heats and the DJ plays during the day and during the dancing while the recalls are being tallied.

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »

Ballroom and Latin jack-n-jill heats.   Cheesy
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »

Ballroom and Latin jack-n-jill heats.   Cheesy
Now that would be AWESOME!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »

I've thougt alot about that - couples woul enter, but both the man and woman would get numbers.  They would then dance 5 dances with 5 differnet partners (one of which woul be their own).  The totaled scores would effectively determine which dancer was the best (this could be genderless).

I wonder if the competitors would have the courage though Wink  What it might do is bring social dancers into competition - because these are clearly social skills.

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 03:11:51 PM »

It goes over really well at the swing competitions I've been to.  You have your regular events, and the Jack and Jill is just a fun supplement to the event itself.  It's all done in good fun, so I don't see why it couldn't work for DanceSport too.

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 07:10:49 PM »

I've thougt alot about that - couples woul enter, but both the man and woman would get numbers.  They would then dance 5 dances with 5 differnet partners (one of which woul be their own).  The totaled scores would effectively determine which dancer was the best (this could be genderless).

I wonder if the competitors would have the courage though Wink  What it might do is bring social dancers into competition - because these are clearly social skills.

This has sometimes been done in competitions in Europe. We would dance a sixth dance in the final as with one of the other finalists. I remember at the Las Vegas Showdown one year that they did that in the pro latin final (it was the idea of Wendy Johnson (she was the MC)).  We also always changed partners in team matches as the last dance when I competed. It was fun if you got a great partner and sometimes it just made you really appreciate your own partner.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:59:09 PM by Dora-Satya Veda » Logged

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 06:51:03 AM »

.......It was fun if you got a great partner and sometimes it just made you really appreciate you own partner.
Shocked Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: