partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 01:11:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Pick your Life partners carefully
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Pick your Life partners carefully  (Read 3867 times)
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

Growing up I was often told (by many) that if a man can dance (nothing about partner dancing at the time) but pretty much a man that shake his bon bon can certainly shake it in bed .....

I wouldn't know ... never went to bed with a dancer and my hubby certainly ISN'T a dancer. But he has had no complaints.  Wink Grin

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 09:29:11 PM »

Growing up I was often told (by many) that if a man can dance (nothing about partner dancing at the time) but pretty much a man that shake his bon bon can certainly shake it in bed .....

What about us ballroom dancers then?  Roll Eyes
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:03 PM »

I wouldn't know ... never went to bed with a dancer and my hubby certainly ISN'T a dancer. But he has had no complaints.  Wink Grin

i will second the bold part (especially ballroom dancers).  Grin

why? because on the dance floor they care about their partner.  Wink

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

Hey, all that core training has to come in handy.   Shocked

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2009, 11:51:13 PM »

Hey, all that core training has to come in handy.   Shocked

So they can last longer in some positions which require more core strength than others.  Shocked
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2009, 11:53:54 PM »

Flexibility from dancing can come in handy too.   Tongue

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 01:44:19 AM »

DSV - if you haven't run into one on the dance floor yet its probably not going to happen - perhaps you should start looking somewhere else Roll Eyes

I actually stopped looking in the dance world many years ago. Smiley I found that I didn't really fit in, in the dance world Tongue. I actually think, I never really did fit in Tongue I just have a different education and view on things then most dancers. Tongue Wink Grin

I have never really found out where my weirdness fit in Undecided So I have actually found happiness being on my own right now Cheesy. Maybe one day a man that is just as weird as I will turn up and we can join force and be really, really weird.   Wink Grin

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2009, 11:32:44 AM »

What about us ballroom dancers then?  Roll Eyes

I do not know. not in a relationship with a ballroom dancer so I couldn't tell ya

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2009, 11:34:24 AM »

DSV - if you haven't run into one on the dance floor yet its probably not going to happen - perhaps you should start looking somewhere else Roll Eyes

I actually stopped looking in the dance world many years ago. Smiley I found that I didn't really fit in, in the dance world Tongue. I actually think, I never really did fit in Tongue I just have a different education and view on things then most dancers. Tongue Wink Grin

I have never really found out where my weirdness fit in Undecided So I have actually found happiness being on my own right now Cheesy. Maybe one day a man that is just as weird as I will turn up and we can join force and be really, really weird.   Wink Grin

When that man walks into your life ... I want to come over for dinner k? I just know the conversations will be interesting (including the view) Wink Grin

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2009, 11:50:26 AM »

Me too!  I won't say a thing, will just listen!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 03:09:21 AM »

I... am turning RIGHT... around... and leaving... right now...

This is definitely a Shatner Moment...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 03:24:04 AM »

...beaming up one Ginger...

the great thing about the dance world is that it attracts such a diversity of people.  OTOH they are just too diverse to ever meet anyone that matches off the floor as well as they do on it - for that i would rather hang out where my brain feels comfortable...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »

Flexibility from dancing can come in handy too.   Tongue

yeah some of thos pole dancers on youtube....... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin Grin

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »

Hey, pole dancing is great cross-training for Latin! Wink Grin
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 04:31:09 AM »

I'm over here but I dont guarntee we will get along.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: