partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 31, 2014, 12:17:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Practicalities (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Helpful hints / Useful tips
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: Helpful hints / Useful tips  (Read 13785 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »

Read on the web somewhere that that hand sanitizer which is appearing everywhere is good for stain removal too.  I guess one should test it first...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2009, 10:06:28 AM »

Yep, for the same reason, the alcohol.  hairspray is supposed to work too.

I went with the rubbing alcohol (or alcohol wipes, rather), because other options leave the other crap that you then have to clean out.  Straight rubbing alcohol helps minimize that.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2009, 05:32:58 AM »

funny name that isn't it, rubbing alcohol.  where did it get that name?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

funny name that isn't it, rubbing alcohol.  where did it get that name?

I think it is because it is an alcohol that is not suitable or used for drinking but rather for soothing muscles or disinfecting by being rubbed on and in, so rubbing alcohol compared to alcohol you drink. 

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2009, 03:02:28 PM »

That's my understanding too, Rugby. 
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:30 PM »

Mix an equal part of soil and clean cat box filler, proceed to plant your flowers, shrubs or vegetables. Your soil will remain moist providing for better root development. The litter will retain the humidity at root level. It can be used safely on any type of plant.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2011, 11:44:23 PM »

Pour two inches of non-fragrant cat box filler in the bottom of your cooking grill. The filler will absorb drippings and keep the grill clean. It provides better draft for proper cooking, and it will direct heat upwards because of its insulating nature. Since cat box filler soaks up drippings, danger of flare-ups is virtually eliminated. Do not use water to extinguish fire. Cover charcoal with the cat box filler. When the cat box filler becomes saturated with drippings, simply empty and replace with fresh.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »

Here is one for your dance shoes:

Deodorize stinky shoes by placing a cup or two of cat litter in knee-high pantyhose, tie a knot and leave it in the shoe overnight.

CANI
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »

I'm going to try that rubbing alcohol suggestion, etp, sounds like a good one!
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2011, 11:28:55 PM »

I have to cut and paste this stuff to Word so I don't forget them.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:38 AM »

Here is one for your dance shoes:

Deodorize stinky shoes by placing a cup or two of cat litter in knee-high pantyhose, tie a knot and leave it in the shoe overnight.

To be sure its an improvement please keep the litter-filled show out of range of the cat

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2011, 09:15:33 PM »

A very good tip to pass on.  And you won't have to be saving all those twist ties.  Now if we could just figure out what to do with the bottom of the bottle.
The guy who first thought of the idea must be given an award for originality!!!
Wow, what a fantastic idea!  Do not have to grapple with rubber bands that are tied too tightly. Can try lah. haha....
How to seal a bag and make it air-tight! Can try lah. haha....

Cut up a disposable water bottle and keep the neck and top, as in photo.
Insert the plastic bag through the neck and screw the top – to seal.

The bottle is made to be air-tight, such that water will not leak, the secret lies with the top and screw!

This is a great idea to share. Good for us and the environment too.

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2013, 02:27:29 AM »

Awesome thread. Any tips on how to remove rust stains from white clothing?

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:37 AM »

that is a toughie... but I would make a paste of a powdered stain remover and leave on for several hours....but when rinsed, hang out in the sun so that it will be bleached a bit further. make sure that the paste does not get left on a colored section for too long to fade the fabric.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:42:06 PM by QPO » Logged

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

I was wondering about that. Several things I googled suggested placing the garments in the sun.It never occurred to me until now that the suggestion had to do with the sun's bleaching effects.   Nice.Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: