partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:53:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dances - beginners, social and syllabus (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Syllabus to Open
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Syllabus to Open  (Read 1969 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 02:48:55 PM »

I think thats also true for AMs.  What they lack in dance ability the make up for by an intimate knowledge of their partners strengths and weaknesses.  I just think the whole pro/am am/am difference is way overblown.  Have you seen the quality of some of the pros?  For some AMs they are liabilities not strengths. 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »

I think thats also true for AMs.  What they lack in dance ability the make up for by an intimate knowledge of their partners strengths and weaknesses.  I just think the whole pro/am am/am difference is way overblown.  Have you seen the quality of some of the pros?  For some AMs they are liabilities not strengths. 

Those less experienced pros usually do not have their students dancing in open events. If you talk about a teacher who is qualified enough to teach someone at that level, he probably knows what he is doing and can effectively show off the partnership's strengths and disguise weaknesses.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: