partnerdanceonline.com
October 20, 2014, 06:45:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Catsmeow alley  (Read 7092 times)
catsmeow
Bronze

« on: July 02, 2009, 08:12:20 PM »

Has anyone tried to figure out why taking dance lessons seems to be addictive?  Like cigarettes and alcohol, dance instruction is costly. Probably most of us cant afford it. Yet we drive for hours for a few minutes of dance wisdom. Is it that we dance slightly better at the end of an hour's instruction and think the progress is worth the price?
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 10:16:01 PM »

Love the name catsmeow.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:20:38 PM »

I often wonder this.  Could it be that we are all sadists at heart or hard up for entertainment or possibly have no life.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »

hey rugby: EE took pity on me and gave me this bloggername. I have no idea where to put posts. does this make me an emotional dancer versus a logical one?
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:24 PM »

Yep, I think so.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 10:43:37 PM »

Maybe the blog spots are everyone's naughty corner.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 05:47:49 AM »

I'm hoping the cat will find its meow and share a little Wink Smiley

A bloggyspot is a selfindulgence that no one can resent.  Its different from the rest of the forum in that you can say anything you like - on your own that is.  but somehow I suspect that CM will be the least frequent poster on this one!

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »

I think it would be me as I have even less to say about myself, so no use having a blog.  Smiley

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2009, 07:00:43 PM »

mm. you talk in third person, or rather third cat.  CM talks not at all Wink

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 12:41:38 PM »

I think he is up over 62 now.

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »

I think he does not talk that much because I talk too much.  He is trying to balance things out.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »

what if that is not enough?  would he then have to inhale words???

catsmeow
Bronze

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 08:50:52 PM »

I found a reference to the victorian house plant aspidistra somewhere here. Think it was Orwell who wrote Keep The Aspidistra Flying. I like Orwell. Even tried talking my younger 24 yr old daughter into reading it about a fortnight ago. The word aspidistra conjurs up an aura of stuffiness to me. Something like my dancing. Maybe I am becoming an aspidistra. waltzpidistra.. my new name here
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »

Why stuffiness?

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:44 PM »

I'm trying to PM you.  Check your PM's.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: