partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:14:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116183 Posts in 1853 Topics by 220 Members
Latest Member: elam63
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Music (Moderators: Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  The legend - Michael Jackson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: The legend - Michael Jackson  (Read 5151 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »

OK so just for the sake of amusement.

Lets suppose that MJ had had a normal childhood but had not gone on to be a musical superstar would that have been a better or worse outcome?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »

This is my opinion.

in one way you can only appreciate what family did, and in which way they said goodbye, with a huge memorial service for all fans. Michael was a star and he is a king of pop. his fans also wanted to say goodbye. honestly, i cried, because he had something that had meaning to me, especially dancing.

i don't judge that memorial service. it is not nothing bad, because he will not be a star if it wasn't his fans.

but what i don't like is how media is showing him, and what paparazzi are doing to his family. they just don't have respect. i know that they need to sell their stories, but it is disgusting how they are attacking everybody, and sometimes i am a shamed that i am a journalist.  Cry

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 07:39:50 PM »

there was a time that journalists respected a 'private space'simply because thats what their readers demanded.  The real trouble is that we as readers do not demand it any more so anything goes - which is why we end up with untouchable presidents and not great leaders ....

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »

Remember that the journalist are only like that because much of the public wants them to be that way or it would not be so.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 10:11:56 PM »

Remember that the journalist are only like that because much of the public wants them to be that way or it would not be so.

yes i know that. but i still don't like it.

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 10:45:49 PM »

The British ones can be the worse.

You have to fight through a lot of crap before you find your way up out of the toilet. Sometimes I think I have a good hold on the rim then I slip back in.  Each time I don't sink quite as deep though. - Rugby
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2009, 08:03:05 AM »

everyone has become grist for the mill - when you get down to it all most journalists seem to care about now is their careers Sad

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 08:49:44 AM »

I find that truth is the first casualty of journalism

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2009, 02:52:38 AM »

Kids have their own way of dealing with loss. How and why doesn't always make sense to the adult but if they are denied it, it could hurt them for a long time, maybe even for ever, we just don't really know.

I don’t know what the case with MJ daughter was, but if she was just half as insistent as my nephew then I am sure every sensitive person would let the child do what the child needed to do. [/quote]

Sorry, but the family lacks cred...

Of course the word would be 'she wanted to do it' but someone had to put the idea of talking on national TV in her mind - thats not something a normal child comes up with.[/quote]

The fam does lack cred, but Paris is a child...uninvolved in the fam's crap. However, she is a very strong little girl, who always seemed to feel like she had ro defend and protect her dad. Odd? Yes, but true. Children have amazing feelings and insighrs. Not something a normal child comes up with? Completely untrue. DSV's young fam memebr did. At my dad's funeral, my sister asked to play his fav song on her piano. And, as I said, these guys were friends...Paris is no normal child.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2009, 03:24:33 AM »

I hope you are right - and I hope she is 'no normal child' because that is her nature and not her nurture. 

but as said, the family lacks cred and I'm afraid I am inclined to be cynical on this point - and I am no cynic..

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »

They have always lived on publicity and I suppose it's as the saying goes, "all publicity is good publicity no matter if good or bad".  Now the news is where the kids are going.  MJ's parents say they are going to raise them but I wonder with all the screwed up kids in that family if that's the best option.  I think Janet may be okay if she would take them but I think they will go to his parents. 

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2009, 04:21:10 AM »

It will go on for sometime yet, the Elvis thing has died down a bit but each Birthday or Death it comes back again...I wonder if they will open up neverland as a Theme Park

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2009, 06:30:34 AM »

...relive the horror of your inner childhood .....

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2009, 08:15:53 AM »

indeed, but if there is money to be made someone will do it.

Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »

I think in the end he was just renting it since he had no money.  Or, let's face it, no money in comparrison to just being rich.  Whomever owns the property is for sure going to want to make some bucks and really who would turn that gold mine down?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: