partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 07:02:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Music (Moderators: Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  The legend - Michael Jackson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: The legend - Michael Jackson  (Read 5709 times)
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:14 AM »

His daughter's heart wrenching "Good-bye" yesterday should be enough to shut up everyone about everything about his personal life, and the world can continue with him simply having been the most stupendous and prodigous entertainer ever.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2009, 06:04:30 AM »

Frankly, I was disgusted that they put her through that.  I am absolutely sure her father would not have.  Indeed, I think the object was to use her obviously genuine emotions to vindicate the legend. Pah. A pox on all their houses.

If it was your child would you put her out in as a public spectacle at a time like that?

What hope is there for his children.... the jackson legend continues....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 07:17:46 AM »

I have yet to watch the memorial service, I taped it as it was on in the early hours of our morning and sleep was a priority. I dont feel comfortable of having children having to make speeches while they are in grief. He loved his children and it is very sad for them to loose the person that loved them most. Strange as he was to the outside world , that is all the children new and now their young lives are changed and I hope they get great support.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »

Frankly, I was disgusted that they put her through that.  I am absolutely sure her father would not have.  If it was your child would you put her out in as a public spectacle at a time like that?

She surprised everyone by 'asking' to speak. And, they allowed it.

He loved his children and it is very sad for them to loose the person that loved them most. Strange as he was to the outside world , that is all the children knew and now their young lives are changed and I hope they get great support.

The best  post.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »

Sorry, I'm not sold.  Why on earth would she want to do that? 

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 09:36:30 PM »

When my brother died, my nephew insisted that he wanted to sing him goodnight and give him his teddy bear. We talked to a physiatrist about it and she told us that was a way for him to deal with the loss. He was 5 years old at the time.

Kids have their own way of dealing with loss. How and why doesn't always make sense to the adult but if they are denied it, it could hurt them for a long time, maybe even for ever, we just don't really know.

I don’t know what the case with MJ daughter was, but if she was just half as insistent as my nephew then I am sure every sensitive person would let the child do what the child needed to do.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »

I heard on a morning show that each of the children were given the opportunity to speak if they wanted.  Paris apparently took up the offer.  Her statement was truly heart wrenching, I think.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 10:44:08 PM »

I suppose she wanted to let everyone know, in the face of all the controversy that she thought her dad was a great guy.  I may want to do the same if I was her.

What I hate is when people make a child do something that they don't want to do.  When my grandfather died everyone told my brother and I that we had to kiss him goodbye.  We didn't want to but everyone insisted.  I suppose they thought it would bring closure to us but for us it was having to kiss a cold, stiff, lifeless body.  Yeah, now that was something that my brother and I wanted as a last memory.  What kind of closure is that?  It is now one of my last memories of him thanks to foolish adults that didn't think.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 11:17:15 PM »

I suppose she wanted to let everyone know, in the face of all the controversy that she thought her dad was a great guy.  I may want to do the same if I was her.

What I hate is when people make a child do something that they don't want to do.  When my grandfather died everyone told my brother and I that we had to kiss him goodbye.  We didn't want to but everyone insisted.  I suppose they thought it would bring closure to us but for us it was having to kiss a cold, stiff, lifeless body.  Yeah, now that was something that my brother and I wanted as a last memory.  What kind of closure is that?  It is now one of my last memories of him thanks to foolish adults that didn't think.

I agree, we adults needs to let the child say their goodbyes however the child wants to do it. I think a child does know deep within them, what is the best way for them to say their goodbyes.

I am sorry Rugby, that you had to do what the adult thought was best for you.

I hope that every parent will allow the child to do the goodbyes as they see fit.

Edward Teller
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 11:24:57 PM »

I think the look on the face of my avatar kitty was about how I must have looked because that's sure how I felt.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 11:27:02 PM »

I think the look on the face of my avatar kitty was about how I must have looked because that's sure how I felt.

I can totally imagine that look on your face.....I am sure I would have felt the same way.

Edward Teller
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 06:33:29 AM »

When my brother died, my nephew insisted that he wanted to sing him goodnight and give him his teddy bear. We talked to a physiatrist about it and she told us that was a way for him to deal with the loss. He was 5 years old at the time.

Kids have their own way of dealing with loss. How and why doesn't always make sense to the adult but if they are denied it, it could hurt them for a long time, maybe even for ever, we just don't really know.

I don’t know what the case with MJ daughter was, but if she was just half as insistent as my nephew then I am sure every sensitive person would let the child do what the child needed to do.

Perhaps - and Michael really wanted to be a rock star and not have a childhood too.  Sorry, but the family lacks cred...

Its one thing having the daughter say something in a private memorial with family and friends present.  thats a release, its the beginning of healing and could really help her in the long term.  Its quite another having her do it on national TV.  thats smacks to me of using the child for politics.  Of course the word would be 'she wanted to do it' but someone had to put the idea of talking on national TV in her mind - thats not something a normal child comes up with.

And who would argue that Michael would have approved?  if there was one thing he was obsessed about it was protecting his children from the media.  Wonder why that was ......

As I said, a pox on thier houses...

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 09:53:07 AM »

I am not sure how to feel about it. If she really wanted to do it perhaps, Bindy Irwin spoke at her fathers funeral and everyone praised her for her efforts. I did not feel comfortable that when Paris was speaking they were pushing the microphone closer into her face..

I hope they have closure and can get on with their lives....

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 01:05:50 PM »

I am not sure how to feel about it. If she really wanted to do it perhaps, Bindy Irwin spoke at her fathers funeral and everyone praised her for her efforts. I did not feel comfortable that when Paris was speaking they were pushing the microphone closer into her face..

I hope they have closure and can get on with their lives....

With Bindy it seemed normal because she has been in the spotlight all her life and she is quite mature for her age, a very smart girl.  To speak in public would be no new experience for her and I didn't feel like there was any agenda.  With Paris it didn't seem right if you know what I mean, possibly there was a political reason but who knows for sure.

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 02:01:19 PM »

I still say meh ....I just think it is ALL way to over blown.

MEANING ... we as a society give WAY to much over the top "stuff" to entertainers, sports figures, etc .... They were/are just people after all, just with being in the public eye and well, lots more money.

I just think some of these people and they way they go on and on is just stupid. Really!

Must figure ... we ALL start to die the moment we are conceived. Just some sooner than others. It is nature/life ... no matter how wonderful, special, smart, talented, captivating, or what have you. We are all born the same way, and die the same way. Just some are more "famous" than others. However ... we are ALL SPECIAL!

eshhh.........

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: