partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:25:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Anywhere "around" Nashville TN to dance o the 4th?
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Anywhere "around" Nashville TN to dance o the 4th?  (Read 2437 times)
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« on: June 30, 2009, 08:49:08 PM »

Finally, everyone's off for a field-trip, and we can't find any dancing in the area. We're in Paducah KY, so we can go 2-3 hours "all around" that area to dance.

Was sadly disappointed in the Murfreesboro, TN DanceWorld's customer service. Asked for a social schedule, got "Uh, we got a tango class t'naght..." A WEEK LATER. Hmmf.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 09:29:06 PM »

How far is Paducah (quilting capital of the U.S!) from Ohio? 

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 10:13:56 PM »

I *think* five hours. I'm thinking of when we go to Breyerfest in Lexington, then over through Newport/Cincy, but there are other ways... I'm so geographically challenged... and I JUST twisted my ankle getting out of the car! Stupid! D'oh! It's swelling, too.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »

Welcome to my world.  I have a swollen ankle, too.  I hope yours is okay.

Okay, so Cinci is out.  I can't help, then.  I'm not at all sure what is in KY and surrounding areas. 

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:10:29 AM »

Honey...the M'boro studio just closed. Roll Eyes

The "real" DW has a dance on the 4th--that's probably about it, as the summer swing series in Centennial Park is taking the holiday off.
Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 12:50:27 AM »

OOH- really? I'd looked at their schedule and it just said "Picnic", so I thought "WAAH!"

What was up with Murphysboro? I think I made Ms. Baye REALLY mad at me when I called and asked "Um- do you guys know anything about the other DW's schedule? I can't reach them"... I didn't mean to- We're dance nomads and come in peace!
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »

Well I'll find out for sure tomorrow--I've got a lesson at noon (in other news, not sure how good of an idea that is, since I need to sleep for about 2 days straight after my "vacation").

I have no idea what happened with M'boro.  It was a bad idea to begin with, and wasn't the idea of anybody actually in charge at DW.  But no worries about Ms. Baye--she strikes fear into the hearts of even us regulars, hun, and there's no telling what was going on there.  Or even if she was actually mad; sometimes she just sounds that way.
Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 01:03:47 AM »

It was just really strange- a couple months ago, we were down with the crew, and heard Danny plug for the DW2 studio all positively and yay and all. We thought "Oh, goody- another place to shop/eat/dance". They'd just put the finishing touches on it, it was open, etc.

We called JUST before Memorial day, they were still open, but no answer. One week later, I got a call-back from them.

She told me "Uh, we're, um- we're not *really* even affiliated with that one"- and I believe her, but it was just weird that they had the same name, even the same font/logo/etc. as the real deal. Then just poof- closed.

I really hate they went out before we could even go check 'em out. I know there're good restaurants down there- like the Bell Buckle and all...

Alas, PF Chang's will have to comfort us.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 01:11:51 AM »

Well, Danny was really the only champion for that studio.  The rest of us were thinking, "WTF???  What is he thinking?!?!" the whole time.

Believe Charlene.
Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 01:18:23 AM »

Well, the REAL DW has a Jack in the Box just down the road from it. I don't think another away-from-home studio can top *that*.
Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 01:32:51 AM »

DaLD, We might be haunting your way later on in the fall, I just remembered a friend of mine wants to go to something horsey up that way, but I don't know what it is- not Equine Affaire, I don't think...
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 08:13:22 AM »

Let me know. I'm not in Cinci, but can get there easily.
I will be here!

Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »

If we can rally the troops, we'll be heading down Sat. to NashVegas DW. Just spoke with Ms. Baye, and she confirmed parteh!

Yaaay! Shopping! Food! Dancing! Lexus! Hot Britches!
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 03:25:55 PM »

Yep, just got back from my lesson not long ago.  They're doing their regular Saturday party and also a picnic that afternoon.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »

so what happened on the 4th? Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: