partnerdanceonline.com
August 30, 2014, 04:18:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: ZPomeroy's antics  (Read 3913 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 03:10:16 AM »

What a great advice df...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 05:16:51 AM »

I see that you are in Australia.  Is the pump available there?

The pump is available here, but you have to wait about a year +, due to the fact that there are somany Diabetics wanting. My name was put on a couple of months ago...

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 05:19:10 AM »

Did you mention that you are supported by PDO (we should have some clout Smiley)...

dancingfool
Intermediate Bronze

I am Canadian!

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2009, 07:38:43 PM »

I am sure that you will have much improved health once you get on it.

If you aren't on your way out to dance then you are going the wrong way...
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2009, 01:43:25 AM »

I haven't posted on this for quite some time now, school has started again which has taken up most of my time but for the last 4 or 5 days or so i have been suffering from a severe chest infection including vomiting almost everyday Sad. Due to this i have had to postpone my lessons ect. which was almost more painful than the actual infection! ( Roll Eyes Shocked ) Anyway, for the last couple of weeks we have been perfecting our Waltz, Quickstep, Cha Cha and Samba for our next upcoming competition, which happens to be this saturday!there has been a long break of competitions for us over the last couple of months so can't wait to get back onto the floor. I will be using some of my new clothing (not my tailsuit as yet) so should be a good experience.

SW's blog has given me the idea to talk a little bit about occupation. To tell you the truth i actually have no idea what i want to do, i origionally was thinking of doing a law degree but have gone off the idea over the last year. I've always wanted to do something involving history but don't even know if there are any jobs excluding a history teacher. Ahhh it's all too hard...

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 09:14:01 AM »

Sorry about the chest Zac... why does that cause vomiting?  Sounds like a more generalized disorder - Ihope you've been to your doc. <<<hugs>>> for good measure Wink

Ah, what to do.  Follow your passion until it either becomes your career or you can follow it no more.  The former is of course, self solving.  The latter allows you to switch to a lesser interest without regret.  There is a sad but satisfying finality to 'I gave it my best shot'.  However, there is a danger of regret and bitterness if a passion is abandoned for reasons unrelated to opportunity or even possibility.

History? It depends on the area - anthropology research, museum curator, even politics have large history elements.  But I must agree that unless you have a passion for it, law can be an overrated career.  I thought about it once but I realized that for most (but certainly not all) areas - and really the interesting ones - day-to-day you have to deal with the dregs of society.  I was way too sensitive and I am guessing that you are too...

Good luck with the search - for many it seems to figure itself out.  I was always interested in science but I never really chose it for a career, it definitely chose me.....

ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »

Sorry about the chest Zac... why does that cause vomiting?  Sounds like a more generalized disorder - Ihope you've been to your doc. <<<hugs>>> for good measure Wink

I went to see my doctor yesterday. It was interesting though, i did explain to him that i had been vomiting for the last 3 days straight, though he just seemed to 'fob' it off. I'm assuming that he is only trying to treat what he can i.e the chest infection is the only symptom possible to do so. It does feel like the flu to me...

Zac

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 01:06:18 AM »

Sometimes I wonder about doctors I think they become sympton overload and don't hear everything anymore. Make sure you keep on top of it and if you are not satisfied with your progress you go back or get a second opinion.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »

PHEWW!! dancing has been overload this week (i actually don't think that's possible Tongue) and a comp saturday has been the reason. I've talked a lot about this so won't bore you with it again...

Thie mix between dancing, school and piano is starting to become a problem, it seems that i just don't have enough time in the day. School is picking up pace now that we are in our second week back from holidays and my music teacher is in a way pushing me to perform sometime soon (this isn't to say this is a bad thing) but with dancing every other night fitting in 1+ hours music practise and then homework/assignments ect. is becoming an organisational nightmare, this brings up my indescision in a career path once again. Piano, or music in general is one path in which i could follow, but as i have said elsewhere breaking into the music "scene" is extreamly hard, some say that for those pianists that try only the top 1% make enough money for that tobe their only job. On the other hand dance is my absolute passion and i could doit for an eternity but have heard from many that is they had the chance they would not have followed a career in dance, the way i see it no one could make a living as a dance instructor at only 1 studio unless your were the principle, now this brings up another option opening my own studio when i'm older but as everything else this requires money, which requires a well paying job...

I haven't seen the girl i like for quite some time now,  i have talked plenty to her over the internet ect. but it's just not the same. She goes to the local teenage social and is actually quite a proficiant dancer (startled me anyway), but forsome reason myparents won't allow me to go most likely due to the reasons above Roll Eyes but this leaves me with a problem, she still doesnt really know me at all, and the social could have fixed that quite easily. What do i do? I can't just ask her to the movies or anything because she barely knows me, and i can't goto the social, maybe its not ment to happen...

Zac

ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2009, 02:01:24 AM »

In a month we have an inter studio event, where the franchise studio holds a competition for only that franchise. It should be a lot of fun, and we are training very hard for it. I have been asked to be in several Pro/Am events, one being jive which i have been asked to choreograph. I haven't done much choreographing so it's a great experience, am trying to incorperate both harder and basic steps, but it is hard not to make it flat out! Other dances i''l be competing Pro/Am with are Tango, Waltz, Samba and a Lucille Waltz (New Vogue) as well as my couples events.

Does anyone have some favourite steps for jive i could 'Borrow' Wink

Zac

ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 04:55:57 AM »

Well, well well, what can i say? but" IT's MY BIRTHDAY!!!" Wink

will continue this later, am going out for dinner Smiley

Zac

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 06:14:46 AM »

Happy Birthday Young Man. hope you have a wonderful day!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 10:35:34 AM »

Happy birthday Zac!  I hope you have a wonderful day and an even better year ahead! Cheesy

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »

Happy birthday!

I'm officially the youngest person on here now Grin
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2009, 02:29:11 AM »

Ok, because i have nothing really to talk about i've decided i'm going to make this into a diary entry thing and try and post in it at least every second day,so here i go...

Wednesday, 26th of August 2009

Well, where to start... Ok, school is horrible at the moment, i have so much to do with so little time and its all just starting to build up. I go to a private school so they do expect a considerable amount and because of dancing practically every second night i have very little time if at all.Now this does bring up the question "what is more important" and though it may seem a simple answer, it's much more complicated than it looks: Dancing is a very large part of my life, i am at the moment training to be a teacher (which to me is a very big achievement as i'm only 17) and competing with DP in almost every event that arises,it is something that i hope i do for the rest of my life but would i want to do it as a career? would it eventually become a mundane job where dance became a chore rather than a love? these are questions that i myself cannot answer and i suppose only through experiencing can i understand. If i decide to follow a career in the dancing profession, either as a pro or principle owner of a studio/franchise then my schooling does not become important, schooling becomes an aspect of my life where i can cruise through and concerntrate on my dancing rather than worrying about getting perfect scores for exams, tests, ect. if i don't decide to move towards the dancing profession then what do i become? ido have musical talent in which my teacher has said that if i work towards it i could quite easily make a profession of,but do i really want to? piano has started to become a chore for me now, it is very hard for me to force myself to practice and this is mainly due to the fact that i'm doing music as a year 11 subject, does this show what will happen to my dancing? where it becomes something that must be done, do i lose interest? so many questions yet so little answers...

Zac

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: