partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Rating your pro
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Rating your pro  (Read 4933 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2009, 05:18:06 AM »

I think you raise an important point ttd - that a lot depends on whether the coach is still trying to improve.  I forgot to mention that here (though have gone into it elsewhere on PDO) - my previous coach had competed professionally but his priorirites shifted to developing another career.  Thus, he really did have a shelf life of sorts.  My current pro is an active competitor and its just a lot of fun when he comes back from a trip - when he invariablyalso takes more lessons - and passes that information on to me. 

Honeymoon?  I suppose there is an aspect of that in all change to something that you like more but, as for the wedding analogy, that says little about the sustaining growth that does or does not follow....  Also, as with all change, you can move to something better or you can stay with something you treasure, its a value call in either case.... the point I was making is that I suspect most pro/ams (but have no idea in your case of course) fail to really keep an impartial eye on their current coach and on whether he/she is the best person for thier continued growth.  thats all.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2009, 11:06:40 PM »

Not "super-elated", just a feeling as though I got one thing right or that I remembered to do something my pro instructed me on several weeks ago.  I can usually find something that I am pleased with during a lesson.

But, as you say, everyone learns differently.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:42 PM »

dream and ttd--could you both maybe agree that the phrase "information transmitted during the lesson" would be applicable for both of you?  That doesn't mean that you necessarily understood the information, or that you felt any sort of progress in relation to the concept, but just that your pro tried to help as best he/she could.  Of course, if you did understand and/or make progress, there was information transmitted and you were satisfied with it!

Ginger--alas, 6'4 and beefy was not there this week...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 08:08:25 AM »

Ginger--alas, 6'4 and beefy was not there this week...

Shocked Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: