partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 05:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dance - Links (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dance Forums
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Dance Forums  (Read 18137 times)
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:12 AM »

Temporary hijack- I'm so lazy, I've started practicing in jazz shoes- as in those little black things you can roll up and stuff in your pockets (if you want your jeans smelling like death and cheetos). How lame is that?

unhijack.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »

Please be careful of what we write. This is visible and even though some of us have had bad experiences .... just be careful ok? Sometimes speaking/writing (even if funny or tongue in cheek) can be viewed as not the best thing. Make sense?

Meaning ... (and I understand it is well intentioned and meant to be funny AND help heal) ... but sometimes the one speaking even if it is legit, the speaker looks bad and not the way around.

Build up, not tear down. We need to work together to keep the ballroom world (and the world in general) a more positive and up lifting place.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 02:14:02 PM »

exactly EM.... we can't be reminded too much. 

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 03:51:59 PM »

And in the same thread, how can we get past stuff if all we focus on was how icky DF was? No harm in "meh, wouldn't go there", but I've seen people get into this locally- like the Rime of the Ancient Mariner... they ALWAYS have The Story of How That Studio Wronged Them neatly bound and ready for presentation when the name comes up- it drives people off. They go to a place to dance, not to hear about how this place sucked, or that place hurt their feelings, etc. We're a different generation, and we have to try not to inherit the sins of our predecessors. Or something. I'm having a really really bad day.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »

I agree, we shouldn't focus on what's wrong with other places--what we need to do instead is learn from their mistakes!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 06:48:18 PM »

And in the same thread, how can we get past stuff if all we focus on was how icky DF was? No harm in "meh, wouldn't go there", but I've seen people get into this locally- like the Rime of the Ancient Mariner... they ALWAYS have The Story of How That Studio Wronged Them neatly bound and ready for presentation when the name comes up- it drives people off. They go to a place to dance, not to hear about how this place sucked, or that place hurt their feelings, etc. We're a different generation, and we have to try not to inherit the sins of our predecessors. Or something. I'm having a really really bad day.
well, on a scale of things I care much more about your bad day... wanna share???

Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »

Honestly, we joke all the time that DanceWorld's our No-Tell. Nobody knows us, nobody cares what we do , so long as we pay our thirty bucks and don't injure anyone, we don't exist, and that's a good thing. We don't have to hear any inter-scholastic drama, nobody's leering at our feet, and if we're good or bad, nobody says anything about it- it's just a good time to "get away" and go down there for a weekend.

After some current Stuff blows over... there are four egg rolls, two tacos, a gallon of sweet tea, and some bacon-cheese potato wedges ... not to mention the Chang's Spicy Chicken beforehand... calling my name, too...
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2009, 09:39:38 AM »

After some current Stuff blows over... there are four egg rolls, two tacos, a gallon of sweet tea, and some bacon-cheese potato wedges ... not to mention the Chang's Spicy Chicken beforehand... calling my name, too...

this cracks me up .... I so need to visit. hahaaa Wink Cheesy

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2009, 02:56:48 PM »

will you guys stop making me hungry and get back on topic?  mmm ??
(thats done it, now i have to get lunch...

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 05:28:10 PM »

Well, DF does have that recipies thread.   Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »

I was sort of discussing that on the dinner thread the other day - how the internet has made cook books obsolete - I'm having the kitche remodelled and throwing out the book shelves in favor of a small built in computer/screen to look things up on the internet.  Much more choice and variety than any book....

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:40 PM »

There is a really good site that has all the secret recipies of many of the popular products sold.  Even recipies from restaurants and fast food chains.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 01:03:29 PM »

There is a really good site that has all the secret recipies of many of the popular products sold.  Even recipies from restaurants and fast food chains.

and the site is?

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 02:06:38 PM »

interesting - but I can't think of a single 'popular product' that I would want to copy...

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »

Many moons ago, I worked in a Pizza Hut.  All of the recipes were pretty straightforward, and most of it was design to minimize the amount of labor (although pizza making is stilll pretty prep-intensive).  The only thing regarded as a trade secret was the spice packets that went into the pizza sauce, but there wasn't anything in them that you can't find on almost anyone's kitchen spice rack.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: