partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:11:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dance - Links (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dance Forums
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Dance Forums  (Read 17135 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2009, 09:57:05 PM »

I know - but I suspect I am a far bigger danger to that here than I ever was on DF!  I hope so - if more DFers find out about PDO they should start asking for a more open site.  I really think it would do the place a lot of good. 

With respect to me, all thats actually changed is that they have removed the red arrow through my name.  Else all is the same.  I'm sure it was not done because of my feelings (probably to soften the image a bit) but it does feel better, that arrow hurt...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »

One other thing: I looked at the dance forums Facebook group and I think it has been heavily edited.  As I recall a lot of DF members listed their DF and real names so that you could know who they were.  Now there is not a single one.

Anyone here remember putting their signon names on the DF facebook site?

Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2009, 10:04:07 PM »

After a time period, I think three or six months, it somehow goes from banned (as in not even being allowed to read posts) to 'inactive', but you can't use in that old sign-in. Duh, just open another browser, create another sign-in, and wait until Unhealthy Obsession whichever mod it is finds out it's you and bans you.

Meh, not worth it, though. It's so nice to be able to discuss things, share actual LINKS and NAMES and things like that, and not have to hear the Stratton/TangoExpertWannabe debates that split hairs for eight pages to compare who has the bigger... repertoire.
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »

lol, surprised to find an DF thread here...frankly I like the openness and friendly environment of PDO forum.

Glad you do!  We generally like to focus on our own business and not worry too much about what other sites are doing.  Every once in a while, we go off message, but when that happens, we just all slap each other and we're okay again.   Grin
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2009, 10:16:38 PM »

I know I could have signed on again - and they have probably spent some energy trying to find me in disguise (wish I could be a fly on the wall for those conversations and wonder if any legit new members got banned by mistake!) but I have never tried to sign on as anyone but myself (which I did for the first time today) and have no intention of doing so.  I will visit the place from time to time as a guest - there are people I care about there and, to be honest, I also like to access some of the information (but I do not follow any topics) but I would feel sullied if I felt that needy to adopt a pretense.  I would only do that in a real emergency - and I can not even imagine one that would make it necessary.

So DF admin, if you are reading this, please don't bother looking for me with an alias - it hasn't happened and it will not. Smiley  The only way I would come back on DF would be by invitation - and I think we all know how likely that is...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 10:18:05 PM »

lol, surprised to find an DF thread here...frankly I like the openness and friendly environment of PDO forum.

Glad you do!  We generally like to focus on our own business and not worry too much about what other sites are doing.  Every once in a while, we go off message, but when that happens, we just all slap each other and we're okay again.   Grin

I think I have more back-slap marks than everyone else put together!! Cheesy

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 11:22:10 PM »

One other thing: I looked at the dance forums Facebook group and I think it has been heavily edited.  As I recall a lot of DF members listed their DF and real names so that you could know who they were.  Now there is not a single one.

Anyone here remember putting their signon names on the DF facebook site?

Didn't even know they had a facebook site.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2009, 12:12:06 AM »

oh, that was another rather sad story - indeed, it was actually my 'fault'.

Several members of DF mentioned that they were on FB so I suggested we start a 'facebook for DFers's group on FB.  Initially the feeback was very positive - so went ahead and did it.  For the first time we could see who we actually were as real people.  Lots of people joined and 'outed' themselves.  However, DF (admin) soured on the idea very quickly but refused to talk directly to me - I really had no idea that this upset them - probably because it opened up DF and maybe they were afraid of loosing members.  Their response was to start a DF site on FB - but without telling me at all.  I was very upset and, realizing that DF and its trade mark etc was not mine I just encouragd everyone in my group to sign up also on the now official DF site - which they did.  As soon as I could - that is after giving everyone fair warning - I closed the place down.  I tried to communicate with DF several times but they refused to even reply - I never heard a peep as to why they were upset, just that they were.   

The DF FB site was not encouraged at all - and sits rather as a monument to an event than a real group - ours is a bit similar really, though it has a function as an emergency meeting point if there is anything amiss here. 

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2009, 04:56:20 AM »

They have built their brand and they are very keen to hold on to it...which is fine. PDO is trying to do the same. It was done in good faith but unfortunately  it was taken differently  Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2009, 12:21:03 PM »

Here is my 2 cents for what it is worth in the grand scheme of things ...

1. you are not "danger" to anyone (not unless secretly you intend to gather info on everyone, visit them in the wee hours, and decide to do mass mahem Roll Eyes ... Wink eeeekkkkkkkk run, hide, save yourselves ...ee is on the loose. hahaaa )

2. never? the word never is so .. so ... passe. sigh Roll Eyes get over it.

3. the forums (them and us and well ... others out there too) ALL serve a purpose. Right? We are here (or there) to share about dance as a whole and our lives as a secondary thing. I mean sheesh ... (I have said this until I was blue in the face and might as well beat a dead horse) WHO CARES?! we love dance, we have a passion and desire. we as people LIKE to connect. we are ALL different, with different ideas and ways of doing things. We have friends here and there and everywhere. (not like even the best of friends get along 100% of the time. - so banning (to me) is just stupid UNLESS there is bots, spammers or REAL intent to do harm.(should we define REAL HARM, naw ...we KNOW what that is if you have a brain in your head)  But banning because of "not liking someone (because this is really truly what it came down to, when you cut away all the "words") is just wrong on so many levels. my opinion of course)

4. moving right along ... move it move it...da da da  .... let's move it move it. heheee (breakin out in song)

Anyways .... I am (honestly) grateful for both places. DF because I initially met some rather great people there (and still do on occasion and some of them are still there and I love them to death!) and here because it is family. Here I know I can be heard, spanked, cheered on, have my besties, etc ...

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2009, 12:51:04 PM »

you just have a way to put it all so well EM... and I always finish reading your posts with a smile... sis Wink

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2009, 01:24:07 PM »

Elise ... just kick a$$ this weekend at empire ok? show em what you are made of ... AND I am sure some PDOers will be there screaming out your name and it will be heard thru the ballroom, over the music, and set some fear into other dancers hearts. (plus get the judges attention Wink)

woot woot elise is in DA HOUSE!!!!!!!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2009, 08:23:37 AM »

ying yang....all is good

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

Elise ... just kick a$$ this weekend at empire ok? show em what you are made of ... AND I am sure some PDOers will be there screaming out your name and it will be heard thru the ballroom, over the music, and set some fear into other dancers hearts. (plus get the judges attention Wink)

thanks - but I will be quite satisfied with not collapsing in a nervous heap!

Actually (dare I say it) I feel a bit better now

skipper
Bronze

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2009, 05:44:23 AM »

thanks - but I will be quite satisfied with not collapsing in a nervous heap!

Actually (dare I say it) I feel a bit better now Just so you guys know---she held it together and did well!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: