partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 09:05:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116436 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dance - Links (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dance Forums
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Print
Author Topic: Dance Forums  (Read 17356 times)
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #180 on: July 06, 2011, 11:53:09 AM »

I think it smarts most because its a lie.  I'm not a threat to DF, never was.  Its been long enough - they should review bannings on their own.  [On that note I do - other than confirmed spammers etc we have no banned members on PDO anymore].  And apart from the initial surprise PDO has not been any kind of threat to DF anyway.  Except, perhaps, as an open place to discuss it Smiley
Um, Elise I know of a lot more harmless and helpful folks that were crucified because they were seen as a threat in some way.  Smiley  Most real threats don't see themselves as such.  What you did with PDO was enough to demonstrate my point.  There is some pretty unconventional stuff here and belief in it could jeopardize the establishment.  You have no idea what a threat this place is.  I know how much I have changed here based on my personal gain from the information here and the relationships I've formed with some of the members.  In turn, I find myself involuntarily influencing many others in my community.  Ideas bring down entire societies.  PDO is just that: a place where some very powerful ideas are openly discussed and encouraged.  What could be more dangerous than that?  This is the one site where we discuss that it's possible to dance in accordance with the book without having to dance according to the book.  With ideas like that, the learning curve that's established gets turned on its ear.  

When you were banned, you took action and created a safe haven for folks such as yourself.  You are a double threat because not only do you have ideas, you actually take action and put the wheels in motion to foster and grow these ideas.  If I were DF, I would do exactly what they did.   

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 11:58:30 AM by Some guy » Logged
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #181 on: July 06, 2011, 01:12:12 PM »

Ooh, you became a lot more interesting exciting!

Is it possible that you are not aware of this history?
I was aware, but the picture made it more real, and it's a lifetime ban!  That's what makes you so awesome!  Smiley

Ah, I see.  I don't think I've ever been awesome before Smiley And its hardly what they had in mind....  It was worse before, they had a red line strike through your name on the forum itself - as if you had been physically bisected..  Now you can't tell who has been beheaded....

OTOH, I could think of far  better ways to achieve that stratospheric characterization Undecided

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2011, 12:30:59 AM »

I haven't being on DF for a dog's age.  Reading this thread I thought I would check it out.  I forgot my password so had to find it again.

Yep, same topics as here but I feel I can express my opinions on this one.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2011, 05:29:33 AM »

Smiley

So maybe one forum is enough anyway.  Don't suppose anyone would remember me there except the mods anyway - if they wanted to talk they would have signed up here by now.  I assume most people know about PDO.  But maybe they dont...

Perhaps we should have a bit of a 'cite PDO on FB' campaign.  I've linked to us several times there so all my 'friends' should have seen it...

Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #184 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:31 PM »

DSV and TD are a little busy but I promise you they haven't "left".

I can only speak for myself but I have not left PDO. SG is right I have been very busy this last year. I am hoping that it will calm down a little in the near future.  Smiley

DSV

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #185 on: July 12, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »

I can only speak for myself but I have not left PDO. SG is right I have been very busy this last year. I am hoping that it will calm down a little in the near future.  Smiley

DSV

well that is good to hear. we all get busy and we are always around and look forward to when you can pop in....xxx

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #186 on: July 12, 2011, 08:32:42 AM »

DSV

well that is good to hear. we all get busy and we are always around and look forward to when you can pop in....xxx

Absolutely.  Keeping the home pdoodles burning...

Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #187 on: July 19, 2011, 11:47:55 PM »

DSV

Totally understand, sometimes life gets in the way or we just have to take care of business and we don't end up with a lot of spare time to do other things.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2011, 08:19:05 AM »

Postings on DF seem to be becoming increasingly strident - "It's THIS!  No, it's not!  Yes, it is!" and so on.  I can handle vigorous debate but I dislike posters who are self-appointed (self-annointed?) "experts" who refuse to even consider other points of view.

The Argentine tango subforum is just plain schizophrenic or maybe that's just the nature of AT.   Grin

Aside:  ballroomdancers.com has great videos, which I access often, but member activity there is IMO close to non-existent.

Yes.  Quite.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »

Postings on DF seem to be becoming increasingly strident - "It's THIS!  No, it's not!  Yes, it is!" and so on.  I can handle vigorous debate but I dislike posters who are self-appointed (self-annointed?) "experts" who refuse to even consider other points of view.

TIS NOT!

Roll Eyes  hehehe....

Beachbum
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2011, 01:33:16 PM »

TIS!  Tongue

Yes.  Quite.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2011, 03:38:37 PM »

CAN'T BE  Angry Lips sealed  Lips sealed  Huh Huh Huh  Tongue          Roll Eyes

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2011, 06:56:40 PM »

That's not argument!  That's just contradiction!   Cool
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2011, 10:01:10 PM »

That's not argument!  That's just contradiction!   Cool
TIS too.  or do I mean TAINT too.  Yes that too.

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2011, 12:04:18 PM »

Ooh, you became a lot more interesting exciting!

Is it possible that you are not aware of this history?
Actually as funny as it is, I am not aware of history, because when you were banned, I was on a 10-day trip without internet access. And when I got back to my home base, the commotion on df has already died down (if there was any). All I saw was a post from DF powers-that-be refusing to discuss your departure.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: