partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 11:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116487 Posts in 1856 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dance - Links (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Dancesportinfo
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Dancesportinfo  (Read 5858 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« on: June 21, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »

A site that tracks the results of amateur and professional (but not pro/am) couples and competitions.  It uses an algorythm to calculate the couples relative score - quite effective but not fool proof for sure.  An amazing resource for results in competitions all over the world, if not comprehensive.

http://dancesportinfo.net/Default.aspx

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »

By the way, you get best use if you become a member - and free members get access to much of the sites's capabilities.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 09:25:38 AM »

yes have taken a look there before...not sure if we are even a blimp on that site....will check again.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:30:45 AM »

generally you are not noted until you reach pre-championship level - but it depends on reportage.

There is a danger to reporting too early as your score is pro-rated for level and you get such a low one that it takes for ever to get on par with your peers that start at a higher level.  I know one couple that is coming in the top 3 at IDSF and yet their score is still at pre-champ or lower - thats for exactly that reason.

Note you CAN send in your own scores but you must include the entire field (final and heats) with names and placings.  I did that for our first competition (obviously you pick one you did fairly well at Wink).

I now plan to actually join the site - that way you get priority treatment and a bunch of extra capabilities....

standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 12:52:13 AM »

yap join them, go ee, this site is resourceful.

I joined once for a silver membership, but now it's expired. guess need to renew.

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:44:49 PM »

Joining will be more to support than use any more (I can use most of the things I need for free) but I want them to keep doing what they are...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 09:13:18 AM »

OK, so I bought a silver membership at DSI.  This is  trial - I want to see if we can create a working relationship with the site.  Ideally we will create a presence there and they will have one here.  Since we are a free site this should not cut into their revenue.

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 10:12:08 AM »

maybe we can get dancesportvp on here.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 12:35:47 PM »

I suggested that to them some time ago (I think I discussed it elsewhere) - now that I am a member I am going to try it again.  Some sort of formal link would, I think, help us both...

DancesportInfo
Newcomer

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 01:13:47 PM »

I joined once for a silver membership, but now it's expired. guess need to renew.
I am sorry, but there must be a mistake here. Our membership is still in the testing phase and for all signed members, one year period did not even start, so obviously could not expire  Smiley
If you experience any problems accessing any features of your membership - please let us know. We also do mistakes sometimes  Smiley
DancesportInfo
Newcomer

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »

I suggested that to them some time ago (I think I discussed it elsewhere) - now that I am a member I am going to try it again.  Some sort of formal link would, I think, help us both...
Link to your site has been added in the link section. I hope it will increase your Google rating.
Please do not mix up this and membership. Membership is for individuals (we also offer group memberships but this is another subject) and your site is a venture (maybe not commercial but still a venture) and as such we have analysed it and decided to put a link to your interesting forum.
DancesportInfo
Newcomer

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 01:20:30 PM »

yes have taken a look there before...not sure if we are even a blimp on that site....will check again.
If you are not on our site yet - just send us a link to your results and when we add them you will appear.
Of course if you are members, everything will happen faster Smiley
DancesportInfo
Newcomer

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »

Joining will be more to support than use any more (I can use most of the things I need for free) but I want them to keep doing what they are...

Finally  Cheesy someone realises that doing website of such scale as ours is not just a hobby, it is a very complicated professional enterprise and ... needs money.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 01:24:57 PM »

HI DancesportInfo. So glad you are here!!!!!!!!!!

1. Love your site as it is very valuable and
2. Love having people like you here that promote Ballroom!

AWESOME!!!!!!!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »

thanks for signing up and for the link DSI - great to have you here and we will be frequently dropping in there too...
ee

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: