partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2014, 05:43:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116503 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  What's in your shoe bag?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print
Author Topic: What's in your shoe bag?  (Read 6057 times)
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2013, 05:34:12 AM »

Yes.  Having a bag with compartments really help keep things from becoming one big, sloppy, stinky mess.   It's really nice to have a place to keep clean/dry shirts away from sweaty ones.

The usual ballroom dance shoe bags are good, if all you want to keep in there is a pair of shoes.  If you need more than that, those bags get a lot less useful, and quick.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:44:24 AM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2013, 06:12:24 AM »

money, towel, skirt, leather for fixing heels - and glue etc, scarf, shoe inserts, computer brick (spare incase)...
everything except shoes it seems... ah yes, practise shoes, 1.5 pairs Smiley, old pair of competition pumps...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2013, 08:44:38 AM »

I was thinking about this while drifting off to nap this morning.  Came up with some attributes of the perfect shoe bag.  Odor absorbing fabric lining. Non-see-through meshy fabric pockets that allow moisture to evaporate.  At least three largish inner compartments -- one for shoes, one for dry clothes,one for damp clothes.  Small outer pocket for notebook,pen, breath mints, etc. A thingie on the outside where a water bottle can attach. Overall compact size.

Hmm.  Would be nice, but probably wouldn't pay to get prototypes made.  Not a big enough market to make it worthwhile. *sigh*
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:01:47 AM by phoenix13 » Logged

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2013, 09:47:24 AM »

I was thinking about this while drifting off to nap this morning.  Came up with some attributes of the perfect shoe bag.  Odor absorbing fabric lining. Non-see-through messy fabric pockets that allow moisture to evaporate.  At least three largish inner compartments -- one for shoes, one for dry clothes,one for damp clothes.  Small outer pocket for notebook,pen, breath mints, etc. A thingie on the outside where a water bottle can attach. Overall compact size.

Hmm.  Would be nice, but probably wouldn't pay to get prototypes made.  Not a big enough market to make it worthwhile. *sigh*
its a great idea - in particular if you offer to personalize it for each studio.  Then you could add a vanity price tag...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2013, 10:04:31 AM »

I think it's such a niche market that you'd have to attach a vanity price tag to make it worthwhile, unless you broadened your reach to non-ballroom forms of dance.

Of course,you could add personalization and/or offer custom made bags in a variety of fabrics.

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:59 AM »

I think it's such a niche market that you'd have to attach a vanity price tag to make it worthwhile, unless you broadened your reach to non-ballroom forms of dance.

Of course,you could add personalization and/or offer custom made bags in a variety of fabrics.

I dont think it is as niche as you think...their are thousand of dancers out there in Europe and Asia, it is just the copy cats.... Undecided

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2013, 02:34:04 AM »

The real question is whether such a bag would offer enough advantages to cause someone to buy it.  I think you may need a better 'hook'...

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »

Agreed.  I looked at quite a few dance bags online yesterday.  Many of them already have some of the features I want. SO, if I wanted to make it a business venture, I'd have to come up with something unique, better or different.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2013, 08:26:58 AM »

Agreed.  I looked at quite a few dance bags online yesterday.  Many of them already have some of the features I want. SO, if I wanted to make it a business venture, I'd have to come up with something unique, better or different.
built in video? Store your routine, save your lesson... view a Pino and Alessandra cheat sheet... Roll Eyes

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »

I am thinking about it.  What features would cost little to add, but would add enough value to make people willing to pay a premium price?   An  RFID chip or alarm for loss/theft prevention?  Nah.  Who wants stinky shoes?  (Although that's really not  bad idea for ballgowns.)

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2013, 07:41:18 AM »

well I think I will buy some oder eaters and place in the bag Cheesy

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2013, 07:50:04 AM »

I don't know if they exist in Australia, QPO, but here, there are these sneaker balls.  (I forget the actual product name, but I'll find out.) that absorb moisture and smell and emit a very, very slight scent.  Lovely for dance shoes.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2013, 08:13:09 AM »

I am thinking about it.  What features would cost little to add, but would add enough value to make people willing to pay a premium price?   An  RFID chip or alarm for loss/theft prevention?  Nah.  Who wants stinky shoes?  (Although that's really not  bad idea for ballgowns.)
hey, a chip in the ballgown together with GPS and you could track the couple going round the floor... Grin

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »

Silly!  I know of a few folks who'd have loved to have GPS on stolen gowns that were never seen again.

Having thought about the dance bagg, I've come to the conclusion that I can't find a cost-effective way to differentiate it from all the other bags out there while making a profit.  I'll continue to think about it, though.  Cool

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2013, 10:28:54 PM »

Silly!  I know of a few folks who'd have loved to have GPS on stolen gowns that were never seen again.

Having thought about the dance bagg, I've come to the conclusion that I can't find a cost-effective way to differentiate it from all the other bags out there while making a profit.  I'll continue to think about it, though.  Cool
A dance bag that automatically cleans and de-pongs your shoes  - now you're talkin'

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: