partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Music devices
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Music devices  (Read 2527 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »

I refuse to put them in my ear. they cause ear damage...and I value my hearing Tongue

I use them occasionally, but I find them very uncomfortable and I have trouble keeping the things in my ears.  I much prefer the old-fashioned, closed-ear headphones.

I don't think ear buds hurt your ears any more than any source of noise - its the volume that  counts..

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2010, 02:39:18 AM »

yes that was my reference, not the fact that they sit in your ear it is the volume and so many walk around with it way to loud.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2010, 05:31:04 AM »

You can walk around with them quietly too. I must say, the only type of music I ear-blast with is classical ^^

Discovered I can plug my iPod into the car radio. Saves having everything on different CDs.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2010, 05:35:02 AM »

wish my car had that - odd that it does not since its not old...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 07:04:01 AM »

ah yes but that can be dangerous if the music is loud as you can miss something and crash. one young lady laast year who was going to take over the job of running the Australian Dance theatre walk behind a reversing rubbish truck because she did not hear it... Undecided suffice to say she did not survive and she was on 29

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »

Depends on which earphones you use.  The ones that come with the ipod hang on the outside so you hear ambient sounds too.  However, the ones I use on an airpliane fit into your ear and expand so that there is nothing but the music.

Sorry about the woman -awful story...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2010, 11:16:32 AM »

Depends on which earphones you use.  The ones that come with the ipod hang on the outside so you hear ambient sounds too.  However, the ones I use on an airpliane fit into your ear and expand so that there is nothing but the music.

Sorry about the woman -awful story...

that's why i never got on with ear phones or walkmans. used to cycle in London  and ambient sound is too useful to be blocked out
( ladies calling out " Feed the Birds Tuppence a bag." or "Caaww Blimey mister, 'ave a heart" or "Looking for business?")

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 11:31:54 PM »

I refuse to put them in my ear. they cause ear damage...and I value my hearing Tongue

I use them occasionally, but I find them very uncomfortable and I have trouble keeping the things in my ears.  I much prefer the old-fashioned, closed-ear headphones.

I don't think ear buds hurt your ears any more than any source of noise - its the volume that  counts..

Actually, what I meant is that the buds physically irritate my ears, even when no sound is playing.  I don't know why, but I've never had any that didn't do that to me. 
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2010, 11:39:05 PM »

Actually, what I meant is that the buds physically irritate my ears, even when no sound is playing.  I don't know why, but I've never had any that didn't do that to me. 

Ditto--I don't know if my ears are just too small for them or what, but I can't use the in-ear buds.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2010, 05:40:16 AM »

It may be the size - one of my friends couldn't wear them either until I bought a set that had a much larger range of plugs - with the smallest one she was perfectly happy!

See if you can find some it may solve it

cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »

I'm not too worried about it because I don't go about in public with a music player very much.  I mainly have it for work, home, and business trips.  For all of those purposes, closed-ear headphones suit me fine.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 12:08:34 PM »

my humour seems to go unappreciated at times...falls on deaf ears...

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 01:15:43 PM »

pardon?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »

so far we have found it really hrd to find somethign that suits us, so now we adapt our training to suit the music on offer, and if we need to do something different V counts or I count to keep us in time when other music is playing. Tongue

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2010, 04:03:55 AM »

we find it easy to dance whatever we like to whatever is on.  INdeed, of late its working better to dance a waltz to a chacha as it allows us to dissociate from old habits...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: