partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 04:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  So who needs a mojito (or any other drink of choice) ???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: So who needs a mojito (or any other drink of choice) ???  (Read 7466 times)
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »

I always failed story problems.
Numbers don't like me!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 06:22:07 PM »

What if I feel offended by such a topic?
What if I think this might have a bad influence on visitors (young) to this site?
What if I feel that this world is going down the pipes by promoting such an attitude?

get my drift ee?

Absolutely.  I would say that you have a point of view that we need to listen to - as we do to everyone else too.

But I'm not sure if I like the way that you express it   The only reason I can see for posting that particular message and for mentioning me in the third party as you did is to 'grandstand'.  If this bothered most of our members they would have been satisfied with a private comment to the forum administration - either me or a moderator of thier choice and I don't think they would 'go public', as you have unless their point of view was ignored.

But this approach was your choice and as such I hope you are getting out of it what you seek. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:23:46 PM by elisedance » Logged

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »

I have one family member who ALWAYS comes up with some malady to show you, going "Does this look infected to you?"

AT THE DINNER TABLE.

Ick. Either cover it up, or go to the doctor with that stuff if you don't want me poking it and diagnosing it as leprosy, let alone "Holy crap! You guys! Come check this out! It's a crater!"
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 08:08:41 PM »

Oh dear, the dogs of war are on the loose

Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.
Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 08:09:13 PM »

What if I feel offended by such a topic?
What if I think this might have a bad influence on visitors (young) to this site?
What if I feel that this world is going down the pipes by promoting such an attitude?

get my drift ee?

Absolutely.  I would say that you have a point of view that we need to listen to - as we do to everyone else too.

But I'm not sure if I like the way that you express it   The only reason I can see for posting that particular message and for mentioning me in the third party as you did is to 'grandstand'.  If this bothered most of our members they would have been satisfied with a private comment to the forum administration - either me or a moderator of thier choice and I don't think they would 'go public', as you have unless their point of view was ignored.

But this approach was your choice and as such I hope you are getting out of it what you seek. 
I will dear, I will
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:23:14 PM by Vagabond » Logged

Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:35 PM »

The world is such a wonderful place.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:30:37 PM by Vagabond » Logged

Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »

Technically, the handle "Vagabond" actually encourages sloth, which is one of the seven deadly sins, if you subscribe to a Judeo-Christian theology. Even if you don't, sloth is an unfavorable trait and a detrimental work ethic not conducive to a positive dance environment. That handle... might be offensive.

I was bored. *shrug*
Ginger has long been known to help relieve nausea, and research at the University of Sydney has found it may also reduce pain and inflammation, but now we might have to reconsider all these beneficial characteristics .

Another meaning of the word ginger is as a pejorative term and an ethnic slur for a person with pale skin, red hair, and freckles

pejorative (also term of abuse or term of disparagement), as a noun, means a word or phrase that implies disapproval or contempt and is meant to be insulting, impolite, or unkind: "A belittling or disparaging word or expression." When used as an adjective, pejorative is synonymous with derogatory, derisive, dyslogistic, and contemptuous. Standards of politeness limit the use of pejoratives.

Just google your pseudonym and be amazed by some of the definitions

(I was bored too .....)
And I'm not religious at all, so these seven sins are irrelevant to me.

Vagabond
Intermediate Silver

~ Mai Più Senza! ~

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »

Technically, the handle "Vagabond" actually encourages sloth, which is one of the seven deadly sins, if you subscribe to a Judeo-Christian theology. Even if you don't, sloth is an unfavorable trait and a detrimental work ethic not conducive to a positive dance environment. That handle... might be offensive.

I was bored. *shrug*
But where did I get the name vagabond from? Well the story is simply it is an salute to the brave crew of a WWII navy vessel (submarine) of which I had the privilege to meet up with some ........... any more questions I would be more then happy to answer (PM)
HMS Vagabond (P 18)
Submarine of the V class
Navy:   The Royal Navy
Type:   Submarine
Class:   V
Pennant:   P 18
Built by:   Vickers Armstrong (Newcastle-on-Tyne, U.K.)
Ordered:   
Laid down:   23 Apr 1943
Launched:   19 Sep 1944
Commissioned:   27 Feb 1945
End service:   
Loss position:   

History:   Sold to be broken up for scrap in 1949 to J. Cashmore. Scrapped at Newport on 26 January 1950.
Commanding Officers:
Lt. Ian Macfarlane Stoop, DSC, RN 24 October 1944 - 31 August 1945
Lt. Donald Hay, RN 31 August 1945 (which I met in Holy Loch, Scotland in 1975)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:51:10 PM by Vagabond » Logged

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 03:09:06 AM »

Please stay on topic guys.  We have another topic for names, why not post there?

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 04:31:16 AM »

I would like to stress that I dont' feel comfortable about this thread if it goes down the path of not promoting responsible drinking. There is a world wide issue with serious health and social issues relating to irresponsible use of high sugar alcoholic drinks.

If we can keep it  on a sensible approach that would be great. OK I get off my soap box now  Shocked

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 06:09:10 AM »

I would like to stress that I dont' feel comfortable about this thread if it goes down the path of not promoting responsible drinking. There is a world wide issue with serious health and social issues relating to irresponsible use of high sugar alcoholic drinks.

If we can keep it  on a sensible approach that would be great. OK I get off my soap box now  Shocked

I think you have a very valid point there QPO, I'm not too comfortable with this topic for the same such reasons

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 02:28:39 PM »

It doesn't have to be "stupid and fun," even--just "silly and fun!"  Case in point:

After finding out about X and his new GF ( Angry), the weekend before last my girlfriends and I decided that we really needed to go out, mostly so I could blow off some steam and drink X away.  We get to the bar, I do a tequila shot, and the next thing we know this adorable guy slides into the booth next to us and says, "My band's not playing tonight, and I'm lonely.  Can I hang out with y'all?"  Long story short, he did hang out all night, and kept buying us drinks!  (Well, me--one friend doesn't drink and the other was driving)  He got 2 SoCo and lime shots into me, plus a rum & Coke cocktail, so when you add that to the tequila shot I had when we first got there, he definitely got me drunk!  That said, I was not so drunk to get sick, pass out, or lose my memory (I remember the whole night), so it was more fun than anything else.  I didn't even have a hangover the next morning!

But...part 2 of the story.  Cutie-pie musician tells us the next time his band was playing.  That was last night.  Took one of the girls with me, and it turns out his band freakin' ROCKS!  Seriously...great show.  Then, when we're talking to him after it's over, my friend tells him that apparently they have some mutual friends back in TX, where they're both from.  What's even crazier is that these mutual friends of theirs are guys my friend would trust with her life, and apparently they're also some of his best friends!  After that we pretty much decided it was fate that he came up to us that night out of nowhere.

Crazy world.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »

Pretty sure he's available.  No clue if he's interested.  With my luck, probably not.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 03:23:10 PM »

Yeah well, with my track record, I'm not going to get excited.  It'll be 2 weeks before I see him again anyway--both me and my friend will be out of town next week, plus he said he wouldn't be there next Thursday either.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 12:42:01 AM »

Bumping, since we now have the old posts back.  Discuss away, people!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: