partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:32:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Gumbo DanceSport Championships June 26 & 27, 2009
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Gumbo DanceSport Championships June 26 & 27, 2009  (Read 2063 times)
Me
pre-bronze

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 07:14:08 PM »

It's going to be an exciting amateur competition for us just because we're bringing all our competitors from Houston and Austin in both Standard and Latin categories.  So despite who else is going to be there, the competition is going to be fierce for us.  We're a friendly bunch off the dance floor, but on the dance floor the gloves come off.  It's funny, because we fight (or rather, dance) to the death on the dance floor and then after the competition we all go out and eat Mexican food!  It's been a tradition.   What can I say, except that we like to rock our with our guac out!   Cheesy

Yes! You must be talking about the restaurant next to the hotel? We love to go there and pig out, too. LOL!

Ready-made and custom Swarovski jewelry designed for ballroom dancers.
***http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/***
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »

Awesome competition this year (as expected!).  We were made to feel like V.I.Ps by all the volunteers.  Definitely coming back next year!

We danced the 10-dance, open standard, and open Latin. The competition was really tough 'though (also as predicted by me, see my earlier post).  The crowd, the energy, the competitors, I can't say enough good things about this comp! 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:43:42 AM by Some guy » Logged
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 05:32:25 AM »

....and how did you get on Roll Eyes - this is the place to share, not be shy Smiley

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 10:45:29 AM »

We placed 1st in the 10-dance, 1st in Open Standard, and 3rd in Open Latin.  The first two results were a surprise.  The last one wasn't due to the fact that we competed against friends and knew exactly where the placings will be.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 12:04:52 PM »

fantastic.... something seems to be paying off Wink

how was the turnout by the way - the montreal one looked pretty good...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 12:29:30 PM »

The turnout was better than last year even with the bad economy.  It says a lot about the quality of the event because I myself recommended it to and returned with 10 other competitors.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 02:56:51 PM »

We placed 1st in the 10-dance, 1st in Open Standard, and 3rd in Open Latin.  The first two results were a surprise.  The last one wasn't due to the fact that we competed against friends and knew exactly where the placings will be.

Congratulations SG. Sure looks like you did very well.  Grin

I do however think you let yourself be beat before walking on the floor in Latin as you "knew" where you were going to place. Maybe next time go in there with a total open mind and see what happens  Wink

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Some guy
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 03:47:32 PM »

Congratulations SG. Sure looks like you did very well.  Grin

I do however think you let yourself be beat before walking on the floor in Latin as you "knew" where you were going to place. Maybe next time go in there with a total open mind and see what happens  Wink
Thanks DSV!

You're right, and that's what I'll be working on from today.
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 08:01:03 PM »

Thanks DSV!

You're right, and that's what I'll be working on from today.

You are welcome.

All the best with creating environment that you want. Wink

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
Me
pre-bronze

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 04:38:37 PM »

Aw, it's too bad I didn't get to meet you, someguy! Don't know if you saw me, but I was the girl in the leopard fringe Latin costume. Smiley

Our placings were.... okay. I was disappointed because I thought the guy who was flying in to dance with me would have routines for everything and he would have a plan for each dance. I knew going into the competition we would have the handicap of meeting, practicing for 3 hours, and then competing, and I was looking forward to the challenge of following... but the lack of direction was something I was not prepared for and I know the constant repetition of basic elements had to hurt our scores. But, it was still fun...

Ready-made and custom Swarovski jewelry designed for ballroom dancers.
***http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/***
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 01:15:51 AM »

Just wanted to add that I thought the comps were great this year, as well. Didn't dance as well as I wished on sunday; tired from judging the days before, the foot still not completely healed, and students not being completely prepared/focused, but, ...a great comp nonetheless.

SG, if you like, I will pass along your comments to the organizers (I will see them this week). You will have to PM me and tell me who you are. (though, from your results/placings, I believe we might have talked at the comp...  Undecided   Smiley  )

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 08:02:03 PM »

We placed 1st in the 10-dance, 1st in Open Standard, and 3rd in Open Latin.  The first two results were a surprise.  The last one wasn't due to the fact that we competed against friends and knew exactly where the placings will be.

wow, that's so impressive!!! 1st in 10 dance & 1st in open standard !!! bravo! congrats! Is results on o2cm somewhere? let's make sure dancesportinfo record that:)

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: