partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 09:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Australian Comps
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Australian Comps  (Read 2543 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 01:59:21 AM »

Got Second in our division in New Vouge L2 at Strictly Masters.. We were happy with that as it means we are on target for the Aussies. Which is where we would like to elevate. Mummsie your Queensland couple had a very good day. I would think with all their wins they would elevate now.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 06:41:31 PM »

which Qld couple was it?They weren't from our studio. - mummsie. 
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 08:18:02 PM »

I will look at our book when I get home and let you know....:-)

Dance Forum
bookworm
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 12:51:13 AM »

Congratulations Q!!!  Cheesy
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2009, 03:56:34 AM »

which Qld couple was it?They weren't from our studio. - mummsie. 

I believe it is Ray Callahan and Carol Riley? not sure if that is correct spelling

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2009, 04:22:20 AM »

thanks BW....now back to the hard work Tongue

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2009, 08:13:08 PM »

thanks BW....now back to the hard work Tongue

Just been looking up Qld results.  Looks like the last comp they competed in was the ADS Winter festival that we didn't attend.  They won the level 2 at that one.  Hopefully they will be at the ADS Star this Saturday.  I will keep and eye and and give you a heads up on how they went and how I felt they danced.  Wink mummsie
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »

[MM - did you post a larger version of your avatar?  I've forgotten what you look like Embarrassed ]

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2009, 10:36:09 PM »

No I haven't.  Still learning how to make things bigger.  Having trouble on facebook too. Smiley mummsie
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2009, 03:52:55 AM »

thanks for that......Our friends were convinced that we were going to win but you never know what the judges are looking at. We could have made a mistake  of something, but I felt good when we came off the floor...

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »

Hi QPO,  ok the lowdown on Ray and Carol.  I saw them dance on Saturday.  The danced in the Masters 2 and Masters 3 New Vogue and Standard and also the grandmasters New Vogue and Standard.  I heard their name called out quite a bit for the results but not sure what events they won.  I am not sure if they got any points for their wins on the weekend as some people gave their cards in for marking and some didn't.  It was optional if you wanted points. 

Their dancing is very good for their level.  They have a nice soft smooth style and they looked genuinly happy to be on the floor dancing.  Nice natural smiles and good body shaping and they looked relaxed.  Smiley  Something for you to think about for your next comp.

We did rather well.  We got back to both semi finals of the Open NV and Standard so its our best ever result.  Out teacher phoned yesterday (he was the chairman of adjudicators so couldn't talk to us at the comp) to say it was the best he had seen us dance, so I think we must be getting close to getting to the elusive final  Grin - mummsie
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 07:34:08 PM »

The results for the Logan comp are up. You can find them on http://www.dsq.org.au/ Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »

We did rather well.  We got back to both semi finals of the Open NV and Standard so its our best ever result.  Out teacher phoned yesterday (he was the chairman of adjudicators so couldn't talk to us at the comp) to say it was the best he had seen us dance, so I think we must be getting close to getting to the elusive final  Grin - mummsie
congrats Smiley
ee

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 12:54:38 AM »

Hi QPO,  ok the lowdown on Ray and Carol.  I saw them dance on Saturday.  The danced in the Masters 2 and Masters 3 New Vogue and Standard and also the grandmasters New Vogue and Standard.  I heard their name called out quite a bit for the results but not sure what events they won.  I am not sure if they got any points for their wins on the weekend as some people gave their cards in for marking and some didn't.  It was optional if you wanted points. 

Their dancing is very good for their level.  They have a nice soft smooth style and they looked genuinly happy to be on the floor dancing.  Nice natural smiles and good body shaping and they looked relaxed.  Smiley  Something for you to think about for your next comp.

thanks for that... report... It is good to know as when you are on the dance floor you can't see the other.. We try hard to look like we are enjoying ourselves and we do. they have had much more expereince than us they told us that they have been competing for 2 years...We have only being do it since April... Each comp is a learning curve. Which leads me on to an other topic, I will start. comp or lessons....

Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 04:39:15 AM »

The danced in the Masters 2 and Masters 3 New Vogue and Standard and also the grandmasters New Vogue and Standard.

I really like the sound of "Grandmasters" but is slightly confused by Master 2 and Masters 3 AND Grandmasters? Is the title reserved for people over 100?  Roll Eyes Tongue
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: