partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 04:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Australian Comps
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Australian Comps  (Read 2545 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« on: April 12, 2009, 10:03:30 PM »

When I get a chance I will post as many as I can. I look forward to others assisting me with the Interstate one, But I will put up the ones I can get from DSA and FATD

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:38:44 PM »

YAY! Finally a Aussie comp thread!

Crown is coming up, Sunday 19th! Looking forward to that!
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 11:53:44 PM »

QPO .... if you direct me to where to get the info .... I can put it up for you. LOL

Actually I plan by next weekend to make a pretty large list of comps world wide. This way PDO can be a one stop source for comp info.  Wink
That's a wonderful idea ED!

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 05:33:39 AM »

QPO .... if you direct me to where to get the info .... I can put it up for you. LOL

Actually I plan by next weekend to make a pretty large list of comps world wide. This way PDO can be a one stop source for comp info.  Wink

At present the passwords block google and other such web scanners from reading our site and making it searchable.  Thus, if we want information to be found by the outside world we have to put it outside that fire-wall.  Its a later project but I wanted to let you know now as at some point we may have to move all the info.

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 11:11:07 AM »

At present the passwords block google and other such web scanners from reading our site and making it searchable.  Thus, if we want information to be found by the outside world we have to put it outside that fire-wall.  Its a later project but I wanted to let you know now as at some point we may have to move all the info.

true true ... but for now it will be a comprehensive list for PDOers.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:18 AM »

Have just come back from the Victorian open and we had a very mixed time...as swing waltz mentione the good thing is that we got first in Standard Waltz. it was great fun and enjoyed ourself. we were unaware that the rules were different in Victoria and this is where things go astray. In Adelaide I was allowed to wear my diamentie necklace and bracelets, as I was under the understanding that it was the dress that had to be plain in Level 1.  We danced events that were also level 1 & 2 where the jewellery was fine.

The problem was that they had level 1 and level 1/2 dances not long after. I was not penalized for the jewllery in the level1/2 event. So we were actually on the floor to do our last event (important to us) when they called our names to come to the stage. So we went off the floor to find out they wanted to tell us that we had a disqualification against us because of the jewllrey....it just happened to be coincidental that they called at the time we were doing an event.

We have learned that we should put our hand up and not leave the floor.. But boy that would have been good to know beforehand. I find that all things things are not explained in great detail before you go to these events and are learnt through trial and error.

We are not easily put off but I can imagine the some others would have found the experience overwhelming and perhaps not go and do it again.

Hope to be better prepared for the next one.

Dance Forum
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 05:37:55 AM »

I'm looking forward to the South Pacific Championships in Sydney this coming weekend. My daughter and Mummsie's son will be dancing on Saturday and my son and his partner will be dancing both Saturday and Sunday. Good luck to all PDOers who will be dancing!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 06:27:21 AM »

Yes indeed, the power of PDOodling to the all Cheesy

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 06:32:45 AM »

We are not going this year but will next year. we have a few from South Australia going so power to everyone...have a great comp. Look forward to a report on the comp. I have heard mixed reports saying it is not as good as it used to be but then others saying it is great. Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
maccer
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 06:51:07 AM »

When I danced many years ago, it was THE comp. I didn't go last year, but I did the previous two years. I really enjoyed it and my son absolutely loved it last year at the new venue. Looking at the South Pacific's website, there are lots of entries this year. So I think it will be another good one with plenty of brilliant competition. I'm looking forward to spending some time with Mummsie too!
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:32 PM »

Hi Maccer, yes the new venue is fantastic although I don't think we will go next year.  Its cost twice as much to go to the Souths as we have spent on getting to the Aussies and we are staying 2 extra days in Melbourne.  Accommodation is just so expensive in Sydney.  Mr K needs to come over tonight and collect his tails and bits and pieces.  I am sure we will catch up especially for dinner Friday night. Smiley - mummsie
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 04:02:25 AM »

yes it would be great if there could be a dancer billet register...we are all in the same predicament. We have offered SW the opportunity tostay with us next year if he comes to Adelaide, that is one expense he does not have to deal with.

Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 10:09:44 AM »

Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 05:28:19 PM »

(tip: just don't bring your maccas OK Shocked) Tongue

mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »

just looking through the entries for the Souths - there is a couple from the USA dancing in the adult division - Tom Allen and Kerry Blackshaw Smiley - mummsie
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: