partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 12:31:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Ohio Star Ball (OSB)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: Ohio Star Ball (OSB)  (Read 11828 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #135 on: November 22, 2009, 08:54:42 PM »

sorry to miss you SD - and I hope you didn't misunderstand - I was actually very happy with my one call back!  Considering about 20 couples didn't get one in that heat thats actually not so shabby Wink  And yes, sunday truly erased the negativity of saturday.  Glad it was that way round Cheesy

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
samina
Silver

« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2009, 05:22:39 AM »

sorry to miss you SD - and I hope you didn't misunderstand - I was actually very happy with my one call back!  Considering about 20 couples didn't get one in that heat thats actually not so shabby Wink  And yes, sunday truly erased the negativity of saturday.  Glad it was that way round Cheesy

am happy for ya, ee. glad things turned around and you feel good about your dancing. nothing like feeling like you gave it your very best while on the OSB floor... when it really counts. Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #137 on: November 23, 2009, 06:21:32 AM »

thanks sam - there are some wishes of course (I think I ran through every step in my mind last night) but overall a very good feeling - and I've improved enormously over last year Shocked

samina
Silver

« Reply #138 on: November 23, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »

I've improved enormously over last year Shocked

and it was just a year ago when you were seeking to learn how to achieve just that. look how you manifested it... Smiley
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #139 on: November 23, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »

Good call.  The quantal leap thread on DF of course.  Thanks for reminding me 'cause you are 100% right (it took me a moment to make that link - but when I did I got goose bumps).

What did I do?  Changed pros for a new start; totally changed how I dance, worked hard and competed with DP; listened and practised.
And, I must add, had the time of my life...

Now I have to make a plan for the next year.  Much of the same (hopefully without the pro change Smiley).

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #140 on: November 23, 2009, 12:06:21 PM »

OSB was great .... met alot of people and just enjoyed being in the moment there. Way overwhelmed and taking it all in ... the dances, dresses, all glittery, seeing the people from my studio compete, etc and so forth. So so much ... can't wait til next year.

Smiley

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #141 on: November 23, 2009, 10:42:42 PM »

Congrats everyone on your results.

I was out of town, got back today and was at the simulated comp tonight at our studio. One of the youth couples won so they did a celebratory dance and that was cool.  One day I hope I will look like that when I dance, but i'll never be 13 again lol.

Blackpool was excellent and the world latin championships exceptional. I'm so tired now, time for bed...

nitey nite

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2009, 07:13:38 AM »

Welcome back CSN!  We'd love to hear more when you'e rested.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2009, 07:14:07 AM »

They've already posted the results at OSB!  No score sheets yet though.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2009, 06:36:35 AM »

OSB is done for another year - at least in my dance world its the one that stirs the most excitement and events.  I had my lows but also had reall highs - and when you look back its the people you meet and interact with that leave the biggest impressions not really the events at all.  It was lovely to meet some of you for the first time and particularly nice to spend time with etp, and pruthe.  Oh, and I must mention that I met Maja Serve too - but thats a meeting that I am still assimilating as it were.

Lastly, a big thanks to Pruthe who printed out hundreds of PDO flyer/cards that were on the tables.  We've had a couple of new members (very quiet ones, hint Wink) in addition to a wave of spammers which may herrald from these cards and we can not know how many more casual guests we have.  Hopefullly they will like what they see and join up too in time.

Thats 2 OSBs for me - one more and I'm a veteran right Smiley

etp777
Bronze

« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »

SOO much fun.  Of course, didn't hurt that I got to watch three of my couples get their first OSB wins, one of them only a year into competing.  Smiley  Already looking at hotels for next year.  Smiley
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2009, 04:37:42 PM »

I was really excited about Olga and Kirill's placing at OSB in Smooth as this was their first comp together since announcing their partnership. Totally excited to see these 2 together and looking forward to their growth and eventually their first place wins.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
standarddancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2009, 10:36:27 PM »

Lastly, a big thanks to Pruthe who printed out hundreds of PDO flyer/cards that were on the tables.  We've had a couple of new members (very quiet ones, hint Wink) in addition to a wave of spammers which may herrald from these cards and we can not know how many more casual guests we have.  Hopefullly they will like what they see and join up too in time.

I saw those PDO posts on table on Sunday morning, sort of felt heart-warming although so busy over the weekend dancing, couldn't meet any PDO's; Probably print the PDO posts in color and make Katusha/Arunas photos colored more visible?

Hope we'll get more members.

Yeah you'll be a veteran for OSB for sure:)

Selling my amazingly beautiful dresses! NEW ADDITIONS!!!
http://public.fotki.com/standart/ballgown-for-sale/
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2009, 05:34:06 AM »

I saw those PDO posts on table on Sunday morning, sort of felt heart-warming although so busy over the weekend dancing, couldn't meet any PDO's; Probably print the PDO posts in color and make Katusha/Arunas photos colored more visible?

Hope we'll get more members.

Yeah you'll be a veteran for OSB for sure:)

I really wanted the PDO logo to be in colour but the pressure here was for B&W.  I might just use poetic licence and pring in colour next time anyway.
OTOH the flyer really stood out because it was simple compared with all that other stuff on the table Shocked

pruthe
Bronze

« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2009, 06:53:20 PM »

Scoresheets are now available on Winners Circle page.

"It's not what you do, but how you do it."

"The Truth in Ballroom Dance is found in the Basic steps."

A.S.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: