partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 08:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Your Events (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Summer Showcase @ Atlantic Ballroom in Towson 6/6/09
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Summer Showcase @ Atlantic Ballroom in Towson 6/6/09  (Read 2158 times)
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« on: June 04, 2009, 01:16:05 PM »

Hey everyone ... just wanted you to know that Atlantic Ballroom is having it's Summer Showcase this coming Saturday, June 6th.

Starts at 7pm with a group lesson. (Tango I believe)

There will be general dancing and shows! of course chatting it up with friends/acquaintances, food, etc .... FUN is key here.

If you are not busy, or you are looking for something to do and you want to dance. Atlantic Ballroom is the place to be Saturday night. Guaranteed fun for all!

Atlantic Ballroom
8819 Orchard Tree Lane
Towson, MD 21286

Remember Atlantic is conveniently located off of 695 and between I83 and I95. Plenty of free parking, large dance floor!

Looking forward to seeing you all there!!!!!!!!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:46:46 PM »

Showcase was last night. DALD came in from OH. so cool. She is so much fun and so nice. LOVE HER!

anyway ... no pics...dream can attest to the fact I was running around the house like a mad person trying to find my battery charger for the camera PLUS get Jasmine off to senior week, deal with Natalia (my youngest) being miserable because she was doing nothing and a husband off to work, house full of other seniors going to the beach, AND trying to make sure I had what I needed for showcase. ARGGGGGGGGG hair pulling. LOL

Anyway ... studio nice, people awesome, some dances incredible, had fun dancing myself. I looked HOT (if I may say so) um .... unexpected um ... misery on my part, dealt with and over (thank god)...dream is a lovely dancer and just fits right in. (she danced with Igor, NICE!) OH I got my comp dress and was really happy with what my friend Elena made. Now can't wait to wear it to my first comp. YEAH.

Overall fun. Sorry no pics. Sad

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 09:48:58 PM »

Thanks, Emmy!
I had a lot of fun, despite forgetting everything I've done in waltz as soon as Igor asked me to dance!

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:10:09 AM »

sounds like you guys had a ball....
BTW I jiust went to the web page - which is very nice indeed - but can't find anything about the staff.  Is that on purpose?  Most home sites give you a list of the teachers or at least who owns the place.  Without that info it seems a little cold...

BTOW I have danced with your studio owner - he's my favorite height Wink

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 02:15:40 AM »

Tall and thin? Cheesy

P.S., if you want to see something REALLY amusing, come down to Nashville in January for Nashville StarZ the next time they're judging--David Hamilton does a country-themed night, and even the judges are required to get in the spirit of things.  I didn't even recognize Igor in his jeans and boots and 10 gallon hat until I saw Polina standing next to him!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 02:54:15 AM »

now that sounds like fun.  I wish the judges here could lighten up a bit...

oh, yes, very tall and slim...

I'm getting used to new-pro who is, I think, about 6'4".  DP is starting to feel a little short at just over 6'1" Cheesy 

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:37:34 AM »

sounds like you guys had a ball....
BTW I jiust went to the web page - which is very nice indeed - but can't find anything about the staff.  Is that on purpose?  Most home sites give you a list of the teachers or at least who owns the place.  Without that info it seems a little cold...

LOL they are in the re-vamping stage of the website. So it is still a wee bit under construction.

hahaa ...Igor is great to dance with. But well he is a bit tall for me. I am rather short!

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 06:48:02 AM »

but he's an expert at dancing with shorter partners n'est pas?

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 06:49:44 AM »

but he's an expert at dancing with shorter partners n'est pas?

ya think? LOL ... however Polina knows how to "stretch" to meet him .... she has of course YEARS with him for that. Me well .... I am just learning. meh .... but dancing with him is awesome once one gets past the OH MY GOD I DANCED WITH IGOR phase. LOL

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 10:13:49 AM »

Yeah, that is where I am now. 
Although, he was quite a gentleman and gave me a nice compliment, which he did not have to do.

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 12:08:33 PM »

Yeah, that is where I am now. 
Although, he was quite a gentleman and gave me a nice compliment, which he did not have to do.

dream there is something I learned early on with the Pilipenchuk's .... they never compliment unless they mean it. SO ....... that being said .... I truly believe Igor meant that compliment.  Grin

dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 03:18:36 PM »

Believe me, I am taking it! 

Blue Tango
Bronze

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

ED, did this Igor used to dance in Toronto at Dance One?  The last name sounds about right...
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 11:20:16 AM »

ED, did this Igor used to dance in Toronto at Dance One?  The last name sounds about right...

BT .... I know the Pilipenchuks went to comps in Canada. And I know they have done coachings in their travels when invited. HOWEVER .... they have always been based out of MD for the past 15 yrs. Glennis Dee (MD Dancesport Competition) sponsored them when they came to the states supposedly 15 years ago or something.

Otherwise I do not know.

Blue Tango
Bronze

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »

BT .... I know the Pilipenchuks went to comps in Canada. And I know they have done coachings in their travels when invited. HOWEVER .... they have always been based out of MD for the past 15 yrs. Glennis Dee (MD Dancesport Competition) sponsored them when they came to the states supposedly 15 years ago or something.

Otherwise I do not know.

Okay, likely not.  Lots of Russian Igors out there and I was sort of thinking he was more a Fylmenchuk than a Pilpenchuk.  Cheesy  I was all prepared to be OMG over the coincidence. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: