partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 03:28:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Shoes!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Shoes!!!  (Read 7489 times)
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« on: June 03, 2009, 08:00:30 PM »

How have we made it this long on PDO without a shoe thread?!  Anyway, here we go.

I just ordered a pair of Ray Rose Sunrise from WorldTone.  Picture:

I'm a size 8US in street shoes, but usually need a 7.5 in Latin heels.  So, I ordered a size 5UK, which is what the WorldTone rep recommended and also what I thought I'd need based on what other people have said about RR sizing.  Well, they came in the mail today, and I've decided they're a half-size too big.  They're a little roomy in the vamp, and they're not quite as short in the front as I'd like them to be.  Also, the straps are a bit long, so I think I'll have to poke extra holes in them once I get the right size.

Back to WorldTone they go.  Drat, I was really looking forward to dancing my lesson in them tomorrow!

Anyway, tell us about your shoe experiences.  What brand/model do you wear, and what size are they in relation to your street size?
dancingfool
Intermediate Bronze

I am Canadian!

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 11:27:07 PM »

Well, I think that we will all agree that it usually takes a few tries to find a good pair of dance shoes.

I wear wide width in street shoes.  Here is an interesting lesson that I learned from a street shoes sales person:  when you wear a wide in street shoes and there are none available to try the next 1/2 size up in regular width (for me 8.5 to a 9).

I have found that this also works with most dance shoes that I have bought in UK sizing.

My next pair of latin shoes will be these ones from Ray Rose:  Carmen.

If you aren't on your way out to dance then you are going the wrong way...
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:08:46 AM »

Well, the good news is that other than the long straps (do these people have fat arches or something???), I loved everything else about the Sunrises.  They're gorgeous--the vamp straps are a bit thinner I think than what's shown in the photo--the straps hit in the right place on the ball of my foot, the heel balance is lovely, and the forefoot seems to be nicely padded/soft while still being flexible.  Now just gotta get them in the right size!

FWIW, my feet are a normal width, and for all everybody says about RR being narrow, these fit my foot nicely.  Not too narrow at all--although we'll see how they fit in the next half-size down.
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 01:50:11 AM »

Looking for a pair of wide-ish width sandals preferably 2 1/2 inch heel or under. I'm a size 6 street shoe. The old-school Supadance coaching shoes w/ perforations fit me fine in a 3.5W or 4, but the new ones are hella narrow. The Godiva RT 5.5 fits well, but they have that adjustable shoelace vamp. Just something that looks respectably 'kyoot' with a skirt or trousers alike. Loved the Freed Siennas, but I blew them out in six months so that all my BFFs and I can climb in them and drive them to PF Chang's and back.
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 02:46:45 AM »

I always wore Dancesport International shoes cause they gave me discounts.  Grin

But I ordered a pair of Dance Natural in april. They are amazing! I use them for comps and my old DSI ones of practise.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 05:09:38 AM »

Looking for a pair of wide-ish width sandals preferably 2 1/2 inch heel or under. I'm a size 6 street shoe. The old-school Supadance coaching shoes w/ perforations fit me fine in a 3.5W or 4, but the new ones are hella narrow. The Godiva RT 5.5 fits well, but they have that adjustable shoelace vamp. Just something that looks respectably 'kyoot' with a skirt or trousers alike. Loved the Freed Siennas, but I blew them out in six months so that all my BFFs and I can climb in them and drive them to PF Chang's and back.

Welcome Ginger... I have not super dance I found a local company that would get my shoes made  narrower for me. It did take seven weeks but they have been great to dance in.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »

has anyone had any experience with Werner Kern?

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
skipper
Bronze

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »

has anyone had any experience with Werner Kern?

Zac
Yes---Werner Kern lasts forever and are very soft and flexible.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »

No complaints about Werner Kern.  My first pair of shoes were Werner Kern.  I'd still be wearing them, but they are Latin shoes and I don't dance any Latin. 

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »

Currently I have the supadance 1008 for standard. I REALLY dislike them ALOT.

suggestions?

also thinking either getting a pair of RR or Aida. But I will need custom sizing I think for my wide feet.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
dancingfool
Intermediate Bronze

I am Canadian!

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009, 06:29:11 PM »

all my fellow female dancer friends who have wide feet have had better luck with leather standard shoes as opposed to the satin ones.

If you aren't on your way out to dance then you are going the wrong way...
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »

all my fellow female dancer friends who have wide feet have had better luck with leather standard shoes as opposed to the satin ones.

wow....i just hate that they "cut" into the area right under my big toe. I use to get calusus there when I did pointe. whew!

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2009, 08:49:40 AM »

Leather also works well for those of us with narrow feet, too. 
My shoes aren't expensive; they are just little leather court shoes with some elastic.  I thought I'd walk out of them as I walk out of most of my street shoes but they stay on. 

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »

Ginger:
Have you tried the Supadance 1224?  Picture:

It's a practice shoe, but several of the teachers at my studio back home wear them in beige (available from Showtime) and they look just fine with skirts--and since they're totally lace-up, should fit a wide foot okay.  Also, since you blew out the Siennas, have you tried the Veronas?  Another option might be the Capezio Phantom, although I've heard Capezio ballroom shoes tend to wear out faster than other brands in general.  Here's a photo of the Phantoms anyway:

Currently I have the supadance 1008 for standard. I REALLY dislike them ALOT.

suggestions?

also thinking either getting a pair of RR or Aida. But I will need custom sizing I think for my wide feet.

Don't know anything about RR standard shoes, em--everybody I've talked to that wears them, wears them for Latin.  One question though--is your current pair of 1008s in a wide width?  Because you can get them in a wide.
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009, 11:31:27 AM »

I use Internationals. They even make practice shoes with 2 1/2 inch heel, so I can use same heel height for practice without destroying satin courts every few months. I am thinking about trying Dance Naturals, but their heels are about 2 3/4 inches. So this would mean that I would be going through satin courts really fast (if I want to use same heel height for everything), and Dance Naturals are about 50% more expensive than Internationals.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: