Organized by Championship Dance Camps
Contact: Elena Granovsky
Where: Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Meeting Center
1750 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Independence Day Ball will take place July 1 - 5, 2009 at The Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Center in Rockville, Maryland. IDB 2009 will feature five days of World-Class instruction, Latin and Standard workshops and social activities.
Karina Smirnoff and Maksim Chmerkovskiy from Dancing with the Stars, will be two of 16 amazing instructors teaching at our event, which we are very excited about. Not only are they on TV, but they are also fabulous dancers. (Karina is 2nd in the World in Latin for several years! Maks is a Blackpool semi-finalist!)
This year Independence Day Ball dance camp will feature over 150 workshops from World-Class instructors. Four concurrent workshops will be taught every hour:
• 2 Latin (Cha-Cha, Rumba, Samba, Jive, Paso Doble)
• 2 Standard (Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Quickstep and Viennese Waltz).
Workshops will focus mainly on technique. There will also be a performance class focusing on figures and presentation. Last year's schedule can be found here: http://www.championshipdancecamps.com/idb/2008/schedule.php
We offer an Advanced track for Open and Professional level dancers.
Please visit www.ChampionshipDanceCamps.com/idb
for information about location, prices, registration, schedule and instructors.
Our 2009 Instructors include:
• Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Karina Smirnoff
• Dan Calloway
• Victor Fung and Anna Mikhed
• Garry Gekhman
• Andrew Philips
• Marcus Johnson
• Wendy Johnson
• Victor Kanevsky
• Polina Pilipenchuk
• Taliat Tarsinov
• Glenn Weiss
• Oksana Zolotarevskaya
In addition to the workshops, we host nightly social events:
• Trip to downtown Washington to see Fireworks on the National Mall
• Friday Night Social Dance
• "Pizza with the Pros" - a Q&A session with our panel of instructors that always ends in laughter and one-of-a-kind demonstrations