partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 11:54:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116406 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Amateur (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  How many hours do you practise a week?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: How many hours do you practise a week?  (Read 4702 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »

wait a mo - you were full timers n'ext pas?  Or did you have jobs too?  Most of us do our hours on top of  a full time job....

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 10:59:02 PM »

wait a mo - you were full timers n'ext pas?  Or did you have jobs too?  Most of us do our hours on top of  a full time job....

I was teaching 4 hours a day six days a week. I also had two companies that I ran at the same time (one for catering and one for cleaning). I am not sure how I found the time to do it all but it all seemed to work very well.

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

yes I work full time also... but we all do it for the love of dancing...and we are lucky to have such beautiful and talented hired help on PDO  Kiss Even with Purple hair  Tongue

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 11:03:40 PM »

I was teaching 4 hours a day six days a week. I also had two companies that I ran at the same time (one for catering and one for cleaning). I am not sure how I found the time to do it all but it all seemed to work very well.

Yes. passionate comiited people, always find a way to do what they have to do, incl;uding in business. what is even better you are a woman and give other women a good exanmple they they too can succeed.  We are lucky to have you in the sport/art of dancing  Smiley

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 03:57:52 AM »

Wow.  Thats dedication!  Then you must have either lived or worked not too far from the studo.... 

malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 02:41:51 PM »

when i started it was school and dancing.

than high school, dancing and teaching. and after that university, job, teaching and dancing. don't know how i did   it. but it worked.

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
dancingirldancing
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 10:38:18 PM »

Me and DP have full time job.

We practise 12 hours and take 3-4 hours of lesson a week.

We dont have a life though  Smiley
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »

DGD nice to see you.  Grin

I am learning to manage my time better and get more practice in. My practice hours are upping at this moment. Thankfully, I require very little sleep.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:46 AM »

Life? Sleep?  Hmm, where is that dictionary?

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 02:18:37 AM »

Me and DP have full time job.

We practise 12 hours and take 3-4 hours of lesson a week.

We dont have a life though  Smiley

Hi there DGD!  Then thanks for taking a minute off to post here Smiley
Thats quite a schedule....

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 02:19:52 AM »

Not doing as much as I used to with DP out Sad.  OTOH I am getting to focus on pro for a bit - thats really helping the pro/am...   

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 05:02:17 AM »

we are out six days a week. tonight we will go practice from 8.00-9.30 then off to an hour social to practice our NV..some nights only 1-1/2 but most times we are away from at least 2 hours

Dance Forum
cdnsalsanut
Bronze

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2009, 08:35:17 PM »

I have been dancing about a year and a half, got serious about it last October and since then have been getting one or two private lessons a week.  One in standard, one in latin.

I practice every day for at least an hour.  Because I work shifts I cultivated two ladies as practice partners. Alternate weeks I practice for an hour a day with each. 

In addition to and not including the practice, I social dance most days.  Early week nights I do salsa, weekends ballroom.  I usually dance ballroom with the same practice partners, since I find social dancing very hit and miss and not conducive to the work I'm doing on getting better in my dancing.

Both my dance partners have boyfriends, so it's strictly dancing.  I lost my previous partner to a hip flexor injury, a great shame because we were doing very well together and won several competitions at bronze and silver level.  It's my intention to stay at silver until I'm confident with the syllabus.  I'm permitted to compete in silver and gold so I may do that just for the experience.

I don't really have any expectations around my dance partners or the uipcoming competitions.  One is able to put in a lot more time in practicing but the other is a better dancer and can't practice a lot due to committments to family and b'friend. 

My attitude is that the practicing is keeping me fit and part of the fun of dancing.  We have fun out there in the gyms/studio's where we practice.  So I feel practicing is it's own pleasure and reward.

I also feel that dancing so much qualifies me either for continued success in dance competitions or a seat in some sort of 12 step program.  Dance-aholics Anonymous meeting anyone?

"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them."
~Vicki Baum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »

Nice!

We were slack this week (or just too busy with Uni), so we only did 2 hours.
10 weeks till the Nationals! YEEKS  Shocked
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2009, 02:09:06 AM »

Looking at results, maybe I need to practice more.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: