partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 12:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Club dances (Moderators: captain jep, QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Club dancing with your ballroom partner?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Club dancing with your ballroom partner?  (Read 7410 times)
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2009, 04:03:07 AM »

I have been to a pole dancing show and those girls worked hard, very strong arms....and thigh muscles.... Shocked

Take up pole dancing with DP to increase stamina?  Shocked
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »

you would be surprised at how much you use your core muscles with pole dancing. way way way more intense than you think and man for days after it hurts (but in such a good way)

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Blue Tango
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2009, 12:56:10 PM »

why not. i suggested my BF to buy dance pole in the studio and on saturdays to have s-factor.  Cheesy

Community center near me has a course on something like that.  Says it's co-ed... but I don't think any man has been brave enough to try.
Blue Tango
Bronze

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »

well, it is more for ladies.  Grin

Heeeeeyyy...  I got a core too!
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2009, 04:21:32 PM »

hahaaa BT to funny

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

one for the guys

and one for the ladies.

lol

Rugby
Gold

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 09:06:40 PM »

I love getting out there and letting go.  My DP is not so free and easy though now and then and at the right place he'll go for it.  Myself, I'm one of those people that would go wild and get up on a table and dance if the mood hit me.  I love moving to the music and freestyle dance, as I call it, dancing.   

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 11:36:07 PM »

If I visit you in Florida they will have to hold us back.  We could really become wild and crazy if we go out together.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2009, 03:06:36 PM »

If I visit you in Florida they will have to hold us back.  We could really become wild and crazy if we go out together.

we are dancers, that is what we do. to us, dance is normal, for somebody else that is crazy. i don't care. when i dance, i dance.  Grin Wink

totally agree .... I may not be a "pro" but I am a dancer. I was born to dance so there for  Idance. period. anytime, anyplace, anywhere ... it is not often that I am not be-boppin around whether at the grocery store, a club, my studio, in the backyard, etc ..........

dancing for me is an extension of my true self. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just gotta do it.

emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2009, 03:13:00 PM »

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 09:35:33 AM »

I got up and did a nutbush the other day at a comp...do you do that one over there?

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2009, 09:39:32 AM »

I got up and did a nutbush the other day at a comp...do you do that one over there?

um ...........what? and might as well explain please .... Huh Huh Huh

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 10:00:13 AM »

now that surprises me. you dance it solo and not with a partner like the macarena (if that is how it is spelt) danced to tina turners nutbush city limits. I will see if I can find a clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CWlvo7fRD8

Dance Forum
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »

now that surprises me. you dance it solo and not with a partner like the macarena (if that is how it is spelt) danced to tina turners nutbush city limits. I will see if I can find a clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CWlvo7fRD8

not here they don't. quite interesting.

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03:43 AM »

well we taught them in Holland also, but it is done here always at a party...surprising

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: