partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 04:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Bra cups
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Bra cups  (Read 1593 times)
ttd
Open Bronze

« on: May 23, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »

Does anyone know a brand for harder & larger bra cups? I ordered a pair from bare necessities, they were the only ones marked DD, but they were too soft.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »

my advice to you, because buying larger bra cups is so difficult (yeah I know I am larger, sigh ....glad men like them really, BUT can be difficult to "maintain")

buy a bra in the cup size you need that is firm and supportive in black, white or nude. if someone is sewing your dress, they can easily take the bra itself (minus the straps) and incorporate it into the body suit and dress.

I am going for a fitting tomorrow, and instead of a body suit, I am purchasing a full girdle because it has more support in all the areas of belly, waist and breasts. PLUS my seamstress can cut the straps and build the actual dress over and around the girdle AND it still is comfortable as it has snaps in the bottom.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 01:29:29 AM »

the one thing I was not blessed with was big boobs...my mother has then and she says they are a curse,, so I am not sad about it...good luck! sewing in your own bra sounds like a good idea

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

The thing is, I know big solid cups exist, because both of the dresses I had made with a major US designer have them. They're perfect for me in every way, but I cannot find them online! And I have another dress I want to put a pair of cups into.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 05:18:08 PM »

Could you ask the designer where she got them?
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 11:26:51 PM »

Could you ask the designer where she got them?
I asked, but the rep either didn't know or didn't want to answer. Maybe it's another dance industry secret like clear stuff on the back of hairpieces and necklaces.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2009, 05:20:59 AM »

I hate that!...why do they have to do that, in the end you will find out and perhaps not go back them in the future. I am sure if you bought a dress from them they would find the ones you want Roll Eyes

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
cornutt
Administrator
Silver

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »

I guess Tupperware won't work, then.   Cheesy
dancingfool
Intermediate Bronze

I am Canadian!

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2009, 12:32:20 AM »

A big trend in lingerie these days is to make your own bras.

There are plenty of websites where you may find bra cups that can be used in a gown.

Here is a company in Hamilton, Ontario:  http://www.bramakerssupply.com/site2009/cart/shopdisplaycategories.asp

Not sure where you are geographically.  Just try an internet search for Make your own bra and see what shows up near your location.

Hope this helps.

You could also try to search Lingerine findings.

If you aren't on your way out to dance then you are going the wrong way...
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 11:46:06 AM »

A big trend in lingerie these days is to make your own bras.

There are plenty of websites where you may find bra cups that can be used in a gown.

Here is a company in Hamilton, Ontario:  http://www.bramakerssupply.com/site2009/cart/shopdisplaycategories.asp

Not sure where you are geographically.  Just try an internet search for Make your own bra and see what shows up near your location.

Hope this helps.

You could also try to search Lingerine findings.

Thanks, I'm in US, but I ordered some cups from these guys. We'll see if they actually work.
dancingfool
Intermediate Bronze

I am Canadian!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 06:08:45 PM »

make sure that you let us know if they are good or not ... I plan to try making my own costume in the next year or so...

If you aren't on your way out to dance then you are going the wrong way...
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:18 PM »

I always only ever use a pre made bra.  Have had some bad experiences with bra cups - its so hard to get them even.  I always managed to look lopsided - not a good look Smiley  Bras are also easier because you don't have to worry about getting them sitting right - I have had bra cups sitting under my arm pits as well.  I have been sewing for a long time and still have problems with them.  I am about to start on my new gown and am starting to get nervous about it already.!!   - mummsie
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 08:54:27 PM »

believe it or not victoria secrets too..... just purchase a bra and dismantle. great for cups, shaping and sturdiness and well worth the money.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 09:21:22 PM »

Or, for you larger-chested ladies, Lane Bryant.  I can't wear their clothes anymore, but their bras (Cacique is the brand name) are still the best I've found for bigger chests.  Comfortable, supportive, and they have a good selection of pretty ones too!
ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »

make sure that you let us know if they are good or not ... I plan to try making my own costume in the next year or so...

I got them, they're a bit on thin side, but I think it would be easy to double them up and then the support will be just right. I think it will still beat the idea of taking my regular bra and dismantling it, the bras I wear are mainly supported by shoulder straps, if those are gone, they're not going to support anything.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: