partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 03:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Things that go Bump in the night
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Things that go Bump in the night  (Read 8751 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2013, 07:11:39 AM »

woke at 4 am, needing the bathroom. Find a dead bird on the kitchen floor, so go out in pjs and bury it...

eventually managed to go back to sleep and slept through alarm....
lucky you didn't get some REALLY BAD dreams. Oh wow, we are 'such stuff as nightmares are made on..'

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2013, 08:38:55 AM »

This. I was awake until about 4:00, maybe a bit later, so, when the alarm went off, I was just settling in for night's rest.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #182 on: May 31, 2013, 09:45:22 PM »

This. I was awake until about 4:00, maybe a bit later, so, when the alarm went off, I was just settling in for night's rest.
I think that describes about 1/3rd of my nights Tongue

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2013, 02:08:38 AM »

Half of nights here.  I slept like a log last night,so I did not expect to sleep tonight.

This is actually an improvement from the time when I was going through the downward marriage spiral and subsequent divorce.   I didn't sleep for five years.  Wish I was exaggerating. *sigh*

This is a huge improvement.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #184 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:58 AM »

for the first time in ages I got up and did some work - reviewing papers on neuropathic pain...  something I am very very glad I don't have Undecided

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #185 on: June 01, 2013, 09:57:45 AM »

I find it easier if I get up and do something.  Lying in bed doesn't help me go back to sleep. It makes me grumpy.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #186 on: June 01, 2013, 08:16:46 PM »

I never lie in bed - too many gremlins there (shudder...)

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #187 on: June 02, 2013, 06:29:11 AM »

Maybe so, but they didn't keep me awake last night. I got a full night's sleep. Yay! Smiley

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #188 on: June 02, 2013, 08:23:20 AM »

obviously things went 'ahhh' in the night...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2013, 05:45:23 AM »

can I include things that go 'bluergh' in the night...sprog threw up at 10 ish. well i was still up, cleaned her up, slung her on the sofa under a blanket, and a bucket in case, cleaned up her bed, chucked linen into washing machine, cleaned up her cuddly elephant, put clean pyjamas on her, then put her in my bed..

poor mite but she was fine the next day, but had tummy pains from late afternoon, and don't know if it was from swallowing swimming pool water, or bug or just some food that disagreed with her.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2013, 06:43:29 AM »

Slept in one hour chunks last night. So much for my plan of replacing red wine with tea.  *sigh*

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2013, 07:10:42 AM »

can I include things that go 'bluergh' in the night...sprog threw up at 10 ish. well i was still up, cleaned her up, slung her on the sofa under a blanket, and a bucket in case, cleaned up her bed, chucked linen into washing machine, cleaned up her cuddly elephant, put clean pyjamas on her, then put her in my bed..

poor mite but she was fine the next day, but had tummy pains from late afternoon, and don't know if it was from swallowing swimming pool water, or bug or just some food that disagreed with her.
illness in your child is just mentally inescapable... glad to hear she's OK Smiley

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2013, 07:47:25 AM »

Yes. It s worrisome. Kids are resilient, though.  Every time DS has gotten sick, he recovered from the illness long before I recovered from the worry.  That's parenthood for you.  Wink

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »

Yes. It s worrisome. Kids are resilient, though.  Every time DS has gotten sick, he recovered from the illness long before I recovered from the worry.  That's parenthood for you.  Wink
Often you catch the bug and take twice as long to recover...

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2013, 10:15:51 AM »

that sounds about right Undecided

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: