partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 12:06:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Comp 'Stuff' (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Stoning Dress Questions
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Stoning Dress Questions  (Read 2113 times)
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 04:11:24 PM »

ok I got the swatches .... so now what?

send me. i think you have the address. + a t-shirt for the sign.  and if you have a picture of a model.

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 01:56:09 PM »

send me. i think you have the address. + a t-shirt for the sign.  and if you have a picture of a model.

well i get finished dress sat. so after that will send pic of ME in dress. sample and the tshirt. heheee

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Me
pre-bronze

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »

I am coming in late to this thread. Sorry. Smiley

Have you begun stoning yet? Have you ordered stones yet?

It looks from the picture that the color fuchsia in swarovski would be a great base color. Maybe buy some of these in 12ss or 16ss and scatter them over the bodice as a nice base color of sparkle. This way the stones will provide nice shimmer, not be too over-the-top, and will provide a base for any other accent stoning you'd like to add.

Since you don't want to go too over-the-top, have you considered sew-on stones? You can, for example, use several large sew-on stones around the neckline of your gown. If you choose crystal AB for the larger sew ons, you can sprinkle smaller flatbacks, perhaps 16ss, in swarovski crystal ab around them. This way the stoning won't appear too random, won't appear to be too much, and will blend in to the gown better.

Ready-made and custom Swarovski jewelry designed for ballroom dancers.
***http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/***
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 12:22:33 PM »

I am coming in late to this thread. Sorry. Smiley

Have you begun stoning yet? Have you ordered stones yet?

It looks from the picture that the color fuchsia in swarovski would be a great base color. Maybe buy some of these in 12ss or 16ss and scatter them over the bodice as a nice base color of sparkle. This way the stones will provide nice shimmer, not be too over-the-top, and will provide a base for any other accent stoning you'd like to add.

Since you don't want to go too over-the-top, have you considered sew-on stones? You can, for example, use several large sew-on stones around the neckline of your gown. If you choose crystal AB for the larger sew ons, you can sprinkle smaller flatbacks, perhaps 16ss, in swarovski crystal ab around them. This way the stoning won't appear too random, won't appear to be too much, and will blend in to the gown better.

Nope have not begun to stone it yet. Need to get pic uploaded this weekend. LOVE the dress but pro says I MUST stone it.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 09:43:11 PM »

I have found that when stoning you need to use several different sizes and colours to get a good effect.  I often even buy the really large ones that are $10 or so each and sew them on and then work the smaller ones around them.  I like to use a pattern when I do it as I am not very artistic.  Depending on the fabrics I have even used a piece of lace with a nice pattern and use that as the template. - mummsie
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

well i get finished dress sat. so after that will send pic of ME in dress. sample and the tshirt. heheee

still waiting.  Tongue

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 02:49:49 PM »

still waiting.  Tongue

I know I know

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »

I have found that when stoning you need to use several different sizes and colours to get a good effect.  I often even buy the really large ones that are $10 or so each and sew them on and then work the smaller ones around them.  I like to use a pattern when I do it as I am not very artistic.  Depending on the fabrics I have even used a piece of lace with a nice pattern and use that as the template. - mummsie

I was wondering about that. How do you pick the size of the stones? Is there a typical or standard size that people use, or is it a matter of personal preference?

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: