partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 09:46:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116186 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Other dance stuff (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  What do you have to pay for a Lesson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print
Author Topic: What do you have to pay for a Lesson  (Read 13957 times)
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »

Do you charge per lesson or must one pay for a package?

they have both options. you can pay lesson per lesson, but if you take in a package the price is going down.   Wink

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
LucyDiamond
Open Bronze

New Jersey

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 01:33:35 PM »

Do you have the option to take privates only with no party or groups?

"I believe that we are never more truly and profoundly human than when we dance” - José Limón
-------------------------------------
"Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses." ~Anonymous
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 02:33:59 PM »

Do you have the option to take privates only with no party or groups?

yes.

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 02:46:27 PM »

Well, keep in mind that our prices are artifically low because of the location we're in and because the studio is so fiercely independent, but for DanceWorld/American Ballroom Center in Nashville:

$65-75/hour for top-tier instruction
David Hamilton: $80-85/hour
Saturday night parties: $17 single, $30 couple, which includes a 1-hour beginner or intermediate group class, a 2.5-hr social, snacks, and sodas
Group classes: $15, and David Hamilton teaches 2 classes a week himself
Sunday afternoon parties: $15, which includes a 1-hour beginner or intermediate group class, a 2 hour social, light snacks, and sodas
Showcases: $30-40, depending on whether we have guest pros coming in to do a show or not

Outside coaches range in price based on their expenses.  The last coaching I got was back in March and it cost me $135 for 45 minutes, with the #2 couple in their division, and it was worth every penny!
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 05:20:07 AM »

I think our socials are hard to beat: $16, 7-12.30 pm including a cooked dinner ...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 06:07:48 AM »

I think our socials are hard to beat: $16, 7-12.30 pm including a cooked dinner ...

That's a LONG social.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 06:31:58 AM »

yup, you can get quite a workout!  If you do one style (standard or latin)  most evenings you dance a bit more than 1/3rd of the time - there is a split between these two and line dancing.  We actually did some latin too last night so it really was quite exhausting.

ttd
Open Bronze

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 09:40:26 AM »

I love to see this.

I can say that we are in the cheaper range.   Grin $118 for a private lesson, but in that you get also either group class or party for free.

I payed much more. my lessons were in range from $200 - $300.  Tongue

For our area (Midwest) that would be too high, even for a studio lesson.
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 10:16:24 AM »

I agree. 
In this part of the world, that would be considered to be cost prohibitive.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 11:36:32 AM »

I love to see this.

I can say that we are in the cheaper range.   Grin $118 for a private lesson, but in that you get also either group class or party for free.

I payed much more. my lessons were in range from $200 - $300.  Tongue

For our area (Midwest) that would be too high, even for a studio lesson.

i don't want to sound like a snob, but what we give to our students is in one way priceless. to some of my students i changed life. we also have on our guest party students from another studios, and when i compare, well i can say that our students know what are they doing.  Grin

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 01:04:29 AM »

That's a LONG social.

we have 7.30-12.00 but most finish at 11.00 the one I went to last night was 11.30 but it was only $10.pp teat and coffee provided

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 05:31:39 AM »

Longest I've been to is from 8pm to midnight. I was absolutely buggared after that.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 06:30:44 AM »

Thats how long the dance lasts - not me!  I usually leave about 10 to 10.30... legs give out!

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 06:55:56 AM »

Thats how long the dance lasts - not me!  I usually leave about 10 to 10.30... legs give out!

we dances last night from 7.30- 11.30 and danced most of the evening I think it was only about 6 dances....by the time we went to bed it was a collapse Shocked!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
StageKat
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2009, 07:15:02 AM »

Aren't you in Chicago, SK?  I would think in a larger city like Chi-town would have more expensive everything!

Yes I am... and go to a chain...and the owner was on DWTS...and the pros are becoming very strong competitors on the national stage... and all of that... this contributes to higher prices... (and I'm dancing in one of the more affluent areas of Chicagoland)... but sometimes it's hard to remember all that...when I know that there are perfectly lovely studios within an hour of where I live...that I attend for parties and some groups sometimes... charging half as much for privates that last a lot longer.

That being said...again... My pro is the pro for me... and my buddy teacher (I finally have one!) is the perfect compliment to what I already have with pro... Could I dance someplace else? ABSOLUTELY! But I wouldn't be as solid a dancer as I am without my pro. Someday I'll have to take the skills he has taught me on to another place to learn...but we're not there yet. Smiley

Ballroom Dancing Changed My Life... It's as Simple as That.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: