partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Banderas: does anyone recognise this?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Banderas: does anyone recognise this?  (Read 1053 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« on: May 19, 2009, 09:08:29 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8cuMR0TRaw&feature=related

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »

uh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the Lead movie

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 11:08:38 AM »

thank you will have to get it out on DVD
is it any good ( if you're a straight bloke)

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
dream a little dream
Silver

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 11:56:24 AM »

I liked it, but it was because of the melding of the kids dancing with the formal ballroom style that Antonio Banderas' character was trying to teach them.  Critics called the movie weak, but I like sappy movies where people try to turn their lives around. 
Mad Hot Ballroom was better, but that is a documentary about the real Dancing Classrooms.

Don't forget to listen to the nightengale.
emeralddancer
Intermediate Gold

Nottingham, MD (by way of NJ)

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 02:17:38 PM »

I think the movie is good for what it is. Especially the part where Antonio (Mr. Dulane) explains to the board and parents the reasons to teach ballroom dancing to the teens. (respect, consideration, honesty, etc)

It is loosely based on the true story of Pierre Dulane and his bringing Ballroom Dancing into the public school systems. you can actually watch the whole movie on you tube.

Take The Lead and it is in english.

BTW I never trust critics.

But it is entertaining. Not quite Strictly Ballroom, not quite Shall We Dance, not quite Mad Hot Ballroom.

It is more important who they are as people and only then is it important who they are as dancers.~Marcia Haydee
malakawa
Open Bronze

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »

i like the movie in a way that it explains why ballroom dancing is good (like what ED said).

i like the best the tango part.  Grin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwZIufmafo&feature=PlayList&p=4D71E5BE71A01D4B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did it backwards and in high heels.

It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer.
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 01:25:04 AM »

thank you will have to get it out on DVD
is it any good ( if you're a straight bloke)

you will enjoy it..regardless of which way you fall!  Grin

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Rugby
Gold

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 08:38:03 PM »

I liked the movie because it was interesting to watch people I know in it.  What I didn't like was the dumb part where all the kids take over the comp and do their own thing.  That pushed it into the realm of severe stupidity.  On the whole I didn't mind the movie and I bought the copy that Alan Armsby (MC in the movie) donated and signed at the Dancesport for Charities.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
Blue Tango
Bronze

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 11:22:07 PM »

Has anyone had any interaction with Dancing Classrooms?  I know M. Dulaine was experimenting with Toronto last year.
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 01:09:17 AM »

I had a small one in HI, and Nathalie Gomez currently runs a fairly successful one in Louisiana.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: