partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 08:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116513 Posts in 1857 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Argentine Tango (Moderators: captain jep, Rugby)
| | | |-+  An Accidental Milonguero
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: An Accidental Milonguero  (Read 972 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« on: May 16, 2009, 04:02:40 PM »

I know that in the beginners stage followers learn faster than leaders and can dance with good leaders, but could it work yje other way around later on?

Since it took me about two weeks to shift from salon to milongero- there's room for improvement; i just wonder if I was picking it from followers who were used to a shared axis as I will generally dance in the embrace the follower feels most comfortable in?

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
David Bailey
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »

I know that in the beginners stage followers learn faster than leaders and can dance with good leaders, but could it work yje other way around later on?
My gut feeling is "yes" - in that I feel there's the same amount for both partners to learn, but the initial learning curve is far steeper for leaders than followers. So it'd seem to make sense that there's some "payback", in that at some point it becomes more and more difficult to progress as a follower without taking heroic measures.

But that's just a guess.
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 11:53:53 PM »

I really believe that the learning curve is not steeper for leads than follows. I beleive that ladies, in general, learn more quickly than guys, and here we have the added element of feeling, which is also, typically, attuned more quickly by the ladies. In AT especially, there is so much shared responsibility for the dance. And, then again, ...perhaps guys just think too hard.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:04:54 AM »

I really believe that the learning curve is not steeper for leads than follows. I beleive that ladies, in general, learn more quickly than guys, and here we have the added element of feeling, which is also, typically, attuned more quickly by the ladies. In AT especially, there is so much shared responsibility for the dance. And, then again, ...perhaps guys just think too hard.

OOOOOOooooOOOOOH!

well missus

(Frankie Howerd for those old enough to remember)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 05:22:03 AM by Bordertangoman » Logged

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
David Bailey
Intermediate Bronze

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 04:49:39 PM »

I believe you're wrong.
captain jep
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:32:13 AM »

Can someone explain what this discussion is about ?!

Do not go gently into that good night ...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: