partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 04:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116526 Posts in 1858 Topics by 223 Members
Latest Member: dancewithmetoronto
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Last night I....
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 156 Print
Author Topic: Last night I....  (Read 79458 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #2235 on: November 19, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »

You're kinda stuck in the middle: your body needs excersize but your knee does not (once the lining has shot it is not going to get better with use).  The answer I think is excersize that is not load bearing - and thats swimming or cycling mostly, not anything where you have to put your full weight on your legs. 

or sitting in a rocking chair. seriously
see No emoticon...

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2236 on: November 19, 2012, 10:56:38 AM »

and last night our orchestra (TCO) played a fundraiser - to a sold out house at a large synagogue north of T.  Not bad for our first performance of the year (my first with them).  Actually a lot of fun...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2237 on: November 22, 2012, 05:42:26 AM »

was woken at 4 am by the carbon monoxide detector - again.  Once in a while (always at night) it goes off for no reason.  And the stupid thing has no instructions on it as to how to turn it off.

I did learn, however, that what you don't do is unplug it!  It goes nuts screeching with a high pitched voice as if you were going to cut its head off.  Which is, of course what i wanted to do.  Next time I will have a bucket of water to drop it in....

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #2238 on: November 22, 2012, 11:06:38 AM »

was woken at 4 am by the carbon monoxide detector - again.  Once in a while (always at night) it goes off for no reason.  And the stupid thing has no instructions on it as to how to turn it off.

I did learn, however, that what you don't do is unplug it!  It goes nuts screeching with a high pitched voice as if you were going to cut its head off.  Which is, of course what i wanted to do.  Next time I will have a bucket of water to drop it in....

is it mains operated or battery..get a second one to check to see if the first one is giving off false alarms.

I went on a Parenting course..which was less than brilliant. I could have been out dancing on my birthday. they cut half an hour off a two hour session becuase of the school premises having to close, so the woman had to cram, and it just didn't leave room for exchanging experience or discussing problems..

PAH! Angry

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2239 on: November 22, 2012, 05:55:26 PM »

is it mains operated or battery..get a second one to check to see if the first one is giving off false alarms.

I went on a Parenting course..which was less than brilliant. I could have been out dancing on my birthday. they cut half an hour off a two hour session because of the school premises having to close, so the woman had to cram, and it just didn't leave room for exchanging experience or discussing problems..

PAH! Angry
Well that is not good hope they come back and finish the course in a more satisfactory way at no cost to you!

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2240 on: January 24, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »

Had our last lesson before travelling, Coach was happy with our performance. We have been social dancing for three weeks in a row, reminds me of old times Cheesy. the good thing it is great for Stamina to dance most of the evening and hopefully when you have to dance in a comp for 1.20 after doing it for 2.50 or three minutes at a social becomes a breeze.

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #2241 on: June 10, 2013, 05:43:50 PM »

...remembered that my friend's son graduates from university in London on Friday.  When I called my friend to congratulate them both, it turns out that my friend had forgotten.  Grin

Good thing he was able to get a last minute ticket.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2242 on: June 10, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »

...remembered that my friend's son graduates from university in London on Friday.  When I called my friend to congratulate them both, it turns out that my friend had forgotten.  Grin

Good thing he was able to get a last minute ticket.
Shocked Cheesy

played my violin until there were dents in myfinger tips...

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2243 on: June 11, 2013, 12:20:59 AM »

flying back from Perth. going there you gain time coming back of course is the opposite so leave at 5.00 get home at 9.30

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #2244 on: June 11, 2013, 01:03:04 AM »

I keep forgetting how huge Australia is.

Dona nobis pacem.
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2245 on: June 11, 2013, 01:09:40 AM »

I keep forgetting how huge Australia is.

We have three time zones across our country and where I live it is oddly one of only three places on the planet that I know of with a half hour time shift.

Dance Forum
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #2246 on: June 11, 2013, 01:13:58 AM »

I've wondered about that half hour.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2247 on: June 13, 2013, 08:24:24 AM »

where are the other two Q? 

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #2248 on: June 13, 2013, 08:34:48 AM »

I looked it up,but the answer confuses me. *shrug*

http://www.timeanddate.com/time/time-zones-interesting.html

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2249 on: June 13, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »

Maybe one day the hour time zones will be dispensed with and each place will use a precise time zone - now that we have electronic clocks and all linked to statellite correction the time could be exact accorsing to your point on the globe...

not sure why, but it seems a lot tidier that way.

Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 156 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: