partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2014, 10:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116449 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  Pastimes & Chatter...
| | |-+  Just to chat... (Moderators: QPO, Rugby, Lioness)
| | | |-+  Last night I....
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 156 Print
Author Topic: Last night I....  (Read 77438 times)
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2220 on: November 15, 2012, 07:23:32 AM »

nice to see you dancing BTM....I love the fact you love what you do! it shows.

Happy Concert E....nice when it all comes together

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2221 on: November 15, 2012, 07:24:35 AM »

last night had a rest nice. I am falling in love with my ice machine....it certainly helps

Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »

watched 500 days of summer, hard for me to admit that I enjoyed a 'chick flick' but the acting was decent and the story line unexpected! Actually not too bad

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2223 on: November 16, 2012, 01:04:07 AM »

watched 500 days of summer, hard for me to admit that I enjoyed a 'chick flick' but the acting was decent and the story line unexpected! Actually not too bad
some movies are just 'god movies'.  I had to take my son to 'the terminator' and 'terminator II' - but enjoyed both!.  OTOH there were a heck of a lot of teen-boy-movies that were junk... Tongue

chick-flicks get their name for various reasons I think - some are just chick-ish but others are simply because they deal with emotions - and they go accross sexes ...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2224 on: November 16, 2012, 01:27:41 AM »

well may have to look that one up and give it ago during the summer lull when nothing is on TV

Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #2225 on: November 16, 2012, 07:04:25 AM »

chick-flicks get their name for various reasons I think - some are just chick-ish but others are simply because they deal with emotions - and they go accross sexes ...

I generally call a movie a chick flick if the target audience is females or couples, the issue with calling all emotion based movies chick flicks is the fact that most drama movies are emotion based and a lot of them would definitely not classify as chick flicks!

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2226 on: November 16, 2012, 10:17:58 AM »

I generally call a movie a chick flick if the target audience is females or couples, the issue with calling all emotion based movies chick flicks is the fact that most drama movies are emotion based and a lot of them would definitely not classify as chick flicks!
I guess I made some assumptions with the 'emotions' term.  But I'm going to guess you know what I meant Wink...

ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #2227 on: November 16, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »

Yep! Still a lot of love dramas that aren't chick flicks per sae

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2228 on: November 17, 2012, 03:38:33 AM »

last night had  lesson for the full hour. Followed b helping with the beginners class....after about half an hour I had enough! the leg was tired this morning when I woke. thinking I had a hair appointment got there and found it was next week so walked 3km home  Roll Eyes

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2229 on: November 17, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

last night had  lesson for the full hour. Followed b helping with the beginners class....after about half an hour I had enough! the leg was tired this morning when I woke. thinking I had a hair appointment got there and found it was next week so walked 3km home  Roll Eyes
how was the leg after the walk?  Was it hurtful or helpful?

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2230 on: November 18, 2012, 01:00:34 AM »

how was the leg after the walk?  Was it hurtful or helpful?

I keep saying to myself I love to walk I love to walk and I use to all the time. But because the shock absorber action in my leg is not 100%  that ground gets awfully hard! I only had one rest for abut 1 minute and kept going. I am sure in the end it will do it good, but at the moment it does take a while to recover.

Today I did a yoga class and caught the tram home saw one coming and had to pick up the pace or I will miss it. I feel that it all has to be helping to get my stamina back I will keep pushing myself until it wont let me anymore and of course if there is pain I wont do it either.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2231 on: November 18, 2012, 10:00:55 AM »

You're kinda stuck in the middle: your body needs excersize but your knee does not (once the lining has shot it is not going to get better with use).  The answer I think is excersize that is not load bearing - and thats swimming or cycling mostly, not anything where you have to put your full weight on your legs. 

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #2232 on: November 18, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »

Last night went to a latin jazz concert with two groups.  The first, a trio, was incredible, the intellectual end of jazz (the pianist and drummer were phenomenal), while the second was a loud party noise (not my cup of tea - and totally out of place in what was built as a classical concert hall) - and then my best friend played in the post-concert group in the lobby (people stay for a drink and to schmooze with the artistes).  Fun evening Smiley

QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2233 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:25 AM »

You're kinda stuck in the middle: your body needs excersize but your knee does not (once the lining has shot it is not going to get better with use).  The answer I think is excersize that is not load bearing - and thats swimming or cycling mostly, not anything where you have to put your full weight on your legs. 

I agree with that.....I try to do business as usual and it is not working and very taxing at times. Shocked

Dance Forum
QPO
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #2234 on: November 19, 2012, 06:40:58 AM »

Last night went to a latin jazz concert with two groups.  The first, a trio, was incredible, the intellectual end of jazz (the pianist and drummer were phenomenal), while the second was a loud party noise (not my cup of tea - and totally out of place in what was built as a classical concert hall) - and then my best friend played in the post-concert group in the lobby (people stay for a drink and to schmooze with the artistes).  Fun evening Smiley

nice to go to live music....

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 156 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: