partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 11:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Argentine Tango (Moderators: captain jep, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Pitter- Patter
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pitter- Patter  (Read 1611 times)
Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« on: May 14, 2009, 08:06:05 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5j9hVhv_wU

Homer & Christina demo Pitter patter in milonga
ie quick steps too fast to be led or followed while the other stays on a beat or goes with the p-p

comments; experience anyone?

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
SamsTheMan
pre-bronze

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »

Easy to lead but not so easy to follow if the invitation to pitter-patter lacks clarity and strength
captain jep
Bronze

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:52:39 AM »

Really? In my view a move for advanced followers : not even worth trying if the walk isnt "working" perfectly

Do not go gently into that good night ...
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 01:53:24 AM »

Agreed re the past 2 posts. Fun, but overdone IMO sometimes by the follow when not led.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 04:26:01 PM »

can someone tell me which step was the pitterpatter - I saw a few fast actions but not knowing AT can't be sure... A time point in the video would help

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
captain jep
Bronze

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:50:47 AM »

Whole vid is full of them  Smiley

eg 1:06,1:11,1:30,1:35,1:40,1:51,1:57,2:02,2:06,2:11

The more skilful option is leading the partner to pitter patter but not doing it yourself, or vica versa

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 01:08:22 PM »

can someone tell me which step was the pitterpatter - I saw a few fast actions but not knowing AT can't be sure... A time point in the video would help

Piter patter is dancing little fast steps (akin to the sugar plum fairy dance) that are too quick to lead and follow so one of you holds the beat and the other can pitter ptter or both.

”We need a witness to our lives.  There's a billion people on the planet, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything.  The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things, all of it, all of the time, every day. "
TangoDancer
Open Bronze

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:44:45 AM »

I see no reason why they can not be led....I do it all the time.

The most beautiful part of the dance is often found in between the steps... and in the movement within the stillness.
Me
pre-bronze

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 05:39:15 PM »

Pitter... patter?

We dance something similiar, but it is more up and the footwork is sharper. We don't shuffle... No slag on the video intended. I'm just wondering if pitter patter is a name for little feet shuffles?

Ready-made and custom Swarovski jewelry designed for ballroom dancers.
***http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/***
captain jep
Bronze

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 06:01:38 PM »

Yeah I noticed that. I think it's hard to get it consistently on the phrasing. Maybe if you dont it becomes a bit more shuffle (oh I've started so I guess I should do something....). Or maybe they were just getting tired.... (pitter patter)

Bordertangoman
Gold Star

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 10:22:40 AM »

Pitter... patter?

We dance something similiar, but it is more up and the footwork is sharper. We don't shuffle... No slag on the video intended. I'm just wondering if pitter patter is a name for little feet shuffles?

i think so and when they taught it it was more up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: