partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:15:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116470 Posts in 1856 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  Ballroom dance -advanced (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  New Vogue Advanced
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Print
Author Topic: New Vogue Advanced  (Read 11642 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 08:07:05 AM »

yes I agree. in the latest copy of dance review. Neville Boyd laments the poor footwork that is out there..I agree. I have seen horrible step swivels in the swing waltz. we are trying really hard to make sure our footwork it top notch. The top line is secondary for us. We hope to have it done pat for the Aussies :-)

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 10:43:45 AM »

One of the hardest things to do in the Swing Waltz is to close your feet neatly.  Because of the speed of the music, the feet tend to get away from you. Also on the step swings, its hard to get a nice swivel going if you are too high in your body.  This again happens because of the speed of the music.  We have been doing a lot of practice of these two swivels and its very hard to control and not pop up in the shoulders.   Cheesy - mummsie

Doesn't the swivel happen naturally when you swing your leg through?
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 03:05:36 AM »

not all he time.  I often see people do them and they don't swivel at all and they do it flat footed.  Looks very strange. - mummsie
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 10:19:02 AM »

not all he time.  I often see people do them and they don't swivel at all and they do it flat footed.  Looks very strange. - mummsie

Hey! Maybe it's grown into us now!  Grin Awesome!
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »

I am trying really hard to make sure that our footwork is up to scratch....I feel it is the foundation to our dancing.

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2009, 10:31:27 AM »

I wish our New Vogue could be going as smooth as our standard......starting to feel more comfortable with the arms but timing and styling still needs work.

Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2009, 10:36:30 AM »

I wish our Standard could be going as smooth as our New Vogue  Grin
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 01:04:36 AM »

we all our a stronger style....at the moment ours is Standard....but we are really working hard on the NV breaking it down and making sure that the foot brushes, slowing it down  dragging feet, stylizing the body.

If they were both easy it may not be the enjoyable challenge it is now..

Dance Forum
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 01:26:39 AM »

We worked on all 4 nv waltzes last night - have them all for the Souths - got Tracy Lee and Swing in the same event - how mean is that.  I have been working hard on trying not to clunk on the heel leads in the Lucille.  That's my big bug bear at the moment - my balance is not real good a lot of the time and especially now its all open work - we barely hold each other anymore.  Makes it a challenge to say the least.
My son's tails arrived yesterday - hope they fit.  He will be coming over to try them on tonight - hopefully I won't need to alter them before Sunday. - mummsie Smiley
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2009, 01:27:57 AM »

My son's tails arrived yesterday - hope they fit.  He will be coming over to try them on tonight - hopefully I won't need to alter them before Sunday. - mummsie Smiley

Mine was sent yesterday. I wonder if I'll get it today.  Roll Eyes
mummsie
Bronze

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2009, 01:29:28 AM »

His were posted Tuesday so you should get them maybe Monday - they come via DHL.  Last pair I ordered came via post. mummsie
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2009, 01:30:21 AM »

His were posted Tuesday so you should get them maybe Monday - they come via DHL.  Last pair I ordered came via post. mummsie

Awesome! Thanks!
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »

We worked on all 4 nv waltzes last night - have them all for the Souths - got Tracy Lee and Swing in the same event - how mean is that.  I have been working hard on trying not to clunk on the heel leads in the Lucille.  That's my big bug bear at the moment - my balance is not real good a lot of the time and especially now its all open work - we barely hold each other anymore.  Makes it a challenge to say the least.

Yes we have been spending some time on the NV Waltzes as well . for the next comp we need to focus on Charmaine, Carousel, Twilight, Swing, La bomba & Tangoette. We are doing both Master 1 & 2.. so hence all these dances, which is fine, our next interstate comp is strictly masters. IF we have an opportunity to do one before then we will try, but with the Aussies that will be four interstate comps for the year.

Dance Forum
SwingWaltz
Gold Star

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 10:49:07 AM »

We have Charmaine in our level 4 New Vogue  Angry Angry Angry

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 10:51:14 AM »

We have Charmaine in our level 4 New Vogue  Angry Angry Angry