partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 02:31:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116434 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Whats on your mind?
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Computer Tech stuff (Moderators: cornutt, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  help me buy a cell phone/PDA
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: help me buy a cell phone/PDA  (Read 6519 times)
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2009, 06:30:29 AM »

Ah, peace and quiet on the cell phone eh?

er, if it won't ring how do you know that it won't recieve calls Roll Eyes

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2009, 02:23:37 PM »

Yeah, instead J's MOMMY has to harrass me on MY phone, which I ignore. "Durh, why don't you ever answer your phone?"

"That's simple: 1- I know it's YOU calling, and I don't want to talk to you. 2- I don't strap it to me when I dance, unless I know I'm going to textually harrass one of my fellas, and they're usually in my arms. 3- I know it's YOU calling. Did I cover that already?"

I hate people who call and leave the message several times, or ring and hang up in between "Call me back- it's real (REALLY, it's spelled REALLY) important."

If it's so important, why can't you tell me what it is? I don't care that the second-hand store has forty Beanie Babies on sale, and I don't want to do dinner with you tonight, let alone my *own* family.

Gnargh.
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

Photo thanks to http://www.marcialeeder.com

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 03:10:58 PM »

but how many BBRY users would go back to a regular phone Wink
I wouldn't, simply because I use it for too many non-phone purposes too. Smiley

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2009, 09:25:49 PM »

Yeah, instead J's MOMMY has to harrass me on MY phone, which I ignore. "Durh, why don't you ever answer your phone?"

"That's simple: 1- I know it's YOU calling, and I don't want to talk to you. 2- I don't strap it to me when I dance, unless I know I'm going to textually harrass one of my fellas, and they're usually in my arms. 3- I know it's YOU calling. Did I cover that already?"

I hate people who call and leave the message several times, or ring and hang up in between "Call me back- it's real (REALLY, it's spelled REALLY) important."

If it's so important, why can't you tell me what it is? I don't care that the second-hand store has forty Beanie Babies on sale, and I don't want to do dinner with you tonight, let alone my *own* family.

Gnargh.

phew, was the complaints topic full Roll Eyes
(run and hide....)

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2009, 09:27:09 PM »

BTW: how much extra does it cost for the web browsing 'option'? 

Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2009, 10:36:22 PM »

I'm going to try verizon and see if it's any better- I like Cingular's flexibility but I can't get a signal in my own house, much less a lot of other areas around here!
Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2009, 10:31:53 AM »

BTW: how much extra does it cost for the web browsing 'option'? 

I have an unlimited data plan that I got for $40.  There are smaller options, but I've got my work e-mail coming in, as well as all of my work calls, so I can expense it to the company. Wink

People can be divided into three classes: the few who make things happen, the many who watch things happen and the overwhelming majority who have no idea what has happened - Warren Miller's "Off The Grid"
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2009, 04:30:58 PM »

maybe down south but I doubt it here... just need some time Smiley

Medira
Administrator
Open Bronze

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:54 AM »

maybe down south but I doubt it here... just need some time Smiley
Yeah, US cell plans are much more reasonable than in Canada.  I couldn't believe just HOW different.  I'm amazed that more Canadians don't fight to do something about it.

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2009, 08:59:23 AM »

We are sheep... Baaaaackward...

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2009, 11:52:20 PM »

So I finally bought one - this is sent from myu new BB bold - but I got the cheaper version because the keyboard is bigger.

Ginger
Bronze

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2009, 03:30:32 AM »

Things I like about the Samsung Jack i637:
Small and lightweight
Full QWERTY keyboard and easy-to-use function/phone keys
Fabulous sound quality/volume
Expandable (microSD) memory
Can be jacked right into the sound system we use to teach for playlists, etc.
Camera/video
Email/Text/Multimedia
WIFI
Shiny
Since it's Windows Mobile, there are a lot of freeware apps available for it
Literally, all the junk I use on my computer, right in my pants, whenever I want it. With vibration.

Things I don't like:
Some of the programs I specifically bought the phone *for* (GPS, Email, Ebay, TV/Radio- but not XM/Sirius, just plain old, to name a few) that all descriptions *said* were "standard" or "included", were actually either trial versions (ebay/GPS/TV/Radio),
unable to do *exactly* what I wanted (GPS's turn-by-turn instruction/maps requires *another* monthly subscription, but fear not- google is eventually coming out with the same for free, and other software IS available for it, and the email doesn't support multiple addresses at the moment)
The stupid micro-SD card has a reading problem- sometimes it "registers", sometimes it doesn't, and you have to shut the phone off, take the whole damn thing apart to pull out and stick in the card, and turn it back on (then it still might not work) and it situated awkwardly near the battery
The camera doesn't have flash, and is one of those you have to hold perfectly still, otherwise you click, move, and have a blur of something freaky.
If you're a klutz like me, you *have* to have the rubberized HARD case, not the silicone phone-condom, AND the screen-protector, because that sucker is SLICK.

Thankfully, most of the problems I've cited can be circumvented. So far, I've used and enjoyed it far more than my old Audrey-Hepburn-Razr that had a grand mal seizure one mornight in Printer's Alley and wouldn't revive even with the deft spanking of a handsome prince (I knew she was gone then), so it was worth the price even when I upgraded, but now that it's cheaper, it's even better.

It scares me to see people with Iphones or touch-screens text-and-drive. You can at least drive and "feel" your phone's keyboard on the other kind, but a screen, you have to look to see the letters.

SparkleBritches has a Blackberry Tour that I really like- it's basically like mine, only the camera has flash, the keyboard is much less-cramped, and it has more "fun" apps. I don't like the fat size of it in my hand though (okay, I'm still a little too buzzed to Go There... so I won't... but I *am* thinking abo-) and I HATE trackballs on ANYTHING, but it's a nice phone, too. That and his smells pretty because he does. When I have to hold it sometimes while he's rooting for his keys, I sniff it if nobody's looking.

I'd really like the Blackberry if it didn't have that stupid trackball. I want a button I can abuse, not some silly little rolly thing like Centipede from the old arcades.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2009, 07:34:28 AM »

the new BB doesn't have the trackball (I picked mine because it DID, love them always have) but an optical touch pad.  No moving parts but I happen to hate scratchpads so to each I guess.  I like the keyboard on the olde bolde which is just about the most important thing of all since thats what you spend your time on.  The GPS is supposed to tell you where you are, but not where you are going but have not figured that out yet.... more later

elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »

My BB is dying.  So what should I get next?

I don't want to just get an Iphone because its 'in'.  Took a look at the top of the line android phone - Galaxy IIS.  Its very impressive - enormous touch screen and everying - 8 MP camera etc etc.  Anyone here have one?

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 08:44:29 AM »

http://looks-best.blogspot.com/2011/05/nexus-s.html

here is the one that I have.... as I said the only thing that I notice if I use the games a lot the battery does not last long but if I use if for a phone only it will be last a few days....but I put it on charge very night.

I am happy with it.

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: