partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 05:20:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116442 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Social dancin' (Moderators: QPO, Lioness, ZPomeroy)
| | |-+  Pick me - please?..... Pretty please??
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Pick me - please?..... Pretty please??  (Read 7142 times)
Rugby
reg mods
Gold

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2013, 01:35:37 AM »

Where I am people ask each other to dance but it is a very social dance and you don't get competitive level, or even close to, people so they don't worry about a partner being stolen.  I will ask the men to dance but I pretty much have to sneak up and pounce on them (courtesy of lessons my cats have given me) to get them not to run in fear.  LOL  I don't mind dancing the men's part and I can dance International or American Style.

Everyone tries to rush up through the syllabus levles and think once they are at the top they have arrived.  What they don't realize is that by doing this it is like skimming through a book, you may get the gist but you will never understand the story.
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2013, 02:15:11 AM »

Since you can dance either part,do you ever ask other ladies to dance?

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2013, 04:08:43 PM »

I certainly believe you, but that is so strange.  I've seen something similar but much less intense when it comes to married couples, but I have ever seen dance partners that were so possessive.  Wow. Sad
just goes to show the differences in local dance-cultures..

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2013, 05:07:12 PM »

And the need to try to understand how things work before you barge in and alienate others. 

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2013, 06:57:21 PM »

And the need to try to understand how things work before you barge in and alienate others. 

The art of being a Good Traveler Wink

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2013, 04:34:19 AM »

Where I am people ask each other to dance but it is a very social dance and you don't get competitive level, or even close to, people so they don't worry about a partner being stolen.  I will ask the men to dance but I pretty much have to sneak up and pounce on them (courtesy of lessons my cats have given me) to get them not to run in fear.  LOL  I don't mind dancing the men's part and I can dance International or American Style.

It looks like,if you want to maximize your chances to dance, you have to think outside the box.

Dona nobis pacem.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2013, 05:53:34 AM »

It looks like,if you want to maximize your chances to dance, you have to think outside the box.
and sometimes you have to think like a boxer... out step the competition Wink

phoenix13
Gold

« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2013, 11:11:26 AM »

Touche.

Dona nobis pacem.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: