partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 01:36:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116447 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  General dancesport issues (Moderators: QPO, Rugby)
| | | |-+  Commercialization of dancesport
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Commercialization of dancesport  (Read 1935 times)
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »

As soona s I become a millionaire you can try to sell me on the idea, ED>  Smiley
Dora-Satya Veda
Gold Star

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 06:27:24 PM »

I'd love to see some of friends/people I cheer for get that.  I know it can be hard for them to compete as much as they want/need at times.  BOth the cost of competing, and the time they have to spend away from studio and their students.  This would at least help with the first half of the problem.

If they are world finalist in either amateur or professional then they should be getting a lot of expenses paid for.

Most competitions and companies will only sponsor couples, if they see a benefit in doing so.

Let’s face it.

World finalist and/or world champions bring couples and spectators to the competitions. Most finalists also become known in their city and/or country therefore a good representation for companies. It is up to the couples to promote themselves to the business world, most couples are however so busy learning to dance; that they forget the business side of it and that they some day will retire. Most other sports use promoters to help them get sponsor contracts. There are a few couples in Europe that have been smart enough to hire a promotion company to help them get sponsor contracts.

It is totally possible to be sponsored by an airline company, a car company or dealer, energy-drink company, make-up company, a clothing company or many other companies. I was sponsored by some companies like the above mentioned or have see students been sponsored by companies of the same kind that is mentioned above.

Most dancers are great at what they do, namely dancing. They do however not understand business at all and therefore miss the train in most in business ventures.

Dora-Satya Veda

"As we understand more things, everthing is becoming simpler"

Edward Teller
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »

Yeah, none of them are there yet.  But one is likely top 5 in country in their division.  Have to wait until USDC and Ohio to know for sure, but pretty safe to rate them there based on results so far.  Course, I'll still be cheering for all of them even if none of them win a comp again.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: