partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 10:28:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116187 Posts in 1853 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: cleverpete
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Partner Dances
| | |-+  General partner dance issues (Moderators: Rugby, cornutt)
| | | |-+  Practice makes the girl go round...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: Practice makes the girl go round...  (Read 12204 times)
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #240 on: May 15, 2010, 05:02:10 AM »

well practiced after our lesson and broke down the dance, walking it through to the counting, then include arms then heads.... it was very productive.... Cool

Dance is a delicate balance between perfection and beauty.  ~Author Unknown
Dance Forum
pinkstuff
Bronze

« Reply #241 on: June 01, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »

Practicing trying to keep my "latin" body position.  I have extremely lazy abdominal muscles....  Trying to work on hip action as well but if one thing happens, the other doesn't.  Usual story  Roll Eyes  At least my legs are straight.  And lets not even talk about practicing Paso, if anyone needs a giggle, it is something to see!!

Dance like you're going to fall over
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2010, 12:22:36 AM »

No practice for us this week, we are both really sick and need to recover, we have a comp on the week-end so if we are up to it will be going in minus a week of practice...so will see how our past training holds up for us. Shocked

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2010, 02:42:34 AM »

Are you sure you want to do the comp?  We have done two with one or other sick.  The results were awful amd we didn't enjoy them at all - we vowed not to compete unless we both fetl great.  You can just sit it out you know...

If you must leave the house, go build a home...

The limit of your love is also the limit of your art...
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2010, 04:59:41 AM »

well if we are not at 80% we wont compete. it is a local comp and non elevating...we are competing the following week-end interstate and that is more important.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 05:32:57 AM by QPO » Logged

Dance Forum
ZPomeroy
reg mods
Intermediate Silver

Victoria, Australia

« Reply #245 on: June 13, 2010, 07:22:08 AM »

Have decided after today's competition results that i'm amping up our practice and making sure we're pushing ourselves as much as possible, i'm sick of my partner slacking off so am doing something about it. Was wondering has anyone ever tried dancing standard without hold ie. just dancing with body connection? we seem to keep loosing our connection and her weight keeps going back so thought this might be a good way to fix both problems...

Zac

Dance is poetry written for the feet, read by the heart, and destined for the soul.
Lioness
Open Gold

« Reply #246 on: June 13, 2010, 07:47:58 AM »

I've tried it with DP. We can do it if we hold each other's hips, but not with just body contact.
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #247 on: June 13, 2010, 09:17:40 AM »

Have decided after today's competition results that i'm amping up our practice and making sure we're pushing ourselves as much as possible, i'm sick of my partner slacking off so am doing something about it. Was wondering has anyone ever tried dancing standard without hold ie. just dancing with body connection? we seem to keep loosing our connection and her weight keeps going back so thought this might be a good way to fix both problems...

Zac
I tihnk we've discussed it before.  Its a terrific way to dance.
Be wary of blaming your partner though.  Too often its something we are doing that is making it impossible for our partners to dance.  For a long time one of our problems was DP was holding me too tight and I could not move freely.  The reason he did that was he felt he was going to loose me - and what he was actually doing was pushing me to move too early.  I finally convinced him of this by doing as you suggest, dancing without any hold and showing him that I was totally capable of not only staying with him but of dancing much better and more freely.

It takes a leap of faith to do this - but the benefits are enormous since once liberated from the death grip I can lead him (at the appropriate stage of the step).

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #248 on: June 14, 2010, 09:04:07 AM »

Yes, I agree with EE dont blame your partner. I saw her dance and I think she looks lovely on the floor...and you too have great potential. I think being about to practice without her is also very good idea.

I know a gentleman that is constantly practicing on his own and another lady that does so. Its advantage, is that it teaches you about your weight and balance.
I have gone to a social and will get up and dance on my own, to improve my own awareness and balance.

I am glad you are inspired to do more.

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #249 on: June 14, 2010, 09:06:39 AM »

We are going to focus on our standard until we go away on our holiday....and when we get back we will go back to New Vouge, we have a big championship coming up in October and would like to do well in our New Vouge....

I believe that our standard is getting to a point where we are in tune with the routines and can sell it, now to keep making our shaping bigger and better

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2010, 03:23:37 PM »

tonight routines for sunday (local comp in Niagara)

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2010, 05:20:12 AM »

well good luck...I wont be online to check in to see how you go...well possibly, jt depends on where we are.

Dance Forum
elisedance
Administrator
Blackpool Finalist

ee

« Reply #252 on: June 17, 2010, 06:18:43 PM »

big comp the week after...
go well...

QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2010, 05:17:09 AM »

no practice...quite frustrating, but better to sit it out and let the knee repair than no dancing for months!

Dance Forum
QPO
reg mods
Continental Champion

Adelaide South Australia

« Reply #254 on: August 14, 2010, 03:29:38 AM »

no practice...quite frustrating, but better to sit it out and let the knee repair than no dancing for months!

well it has been 9 weeks now and I have another 6 minimum to go... I am doing floor exercise now and riding a training bike, I am doing the right thing to make the knee stronger, I will be very unhappy if the outcome is not a happy one. Current estimation is that I could be back on the floor at the end of the year! Undecided

Dance Forum
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: