partnerdanceonline.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:27:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
A lot of people are visiting Smiley Smiley
Undecided Undecided but not many are posting....
please say hi Cheesy
116399 Posts in 1855 Topics by 221 Members
Latest Member: EVE_Dance
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  partnerdanceonline.com
|-+  Partner Dancing
| |-+  Dancesport
| | |-+  Competitions (Moderators: Rugby, ZPomeroy)
| | | |-+  Volunteer State Dance Challenge 2009
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Volunteer State Dance Challenge 2009  (Read 2861 times)
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 01:44:54 AM »

I didn't agree with who made the final in Pro Rhythm--I'm sorry, that couple in white was awful (and so was her outfit!  Yeesh...), and I think my pro and his partner should have made the final in their place.  Same with Smooth.  Mazen and Lisa were the clear winners (and that green dress of hers was my favorite ALL.WEEKEND.  Saw it on Donna's rack and immediately fell in love with it even though I don't dance Smooth or Standard), but below that I had some big issues with couples making the final that I saw seriously bobble in earlier rounds.  Standard was the only event that I agreed with the results the whole way.  Check out SuperShag's videos of Pro Smooth--I'm pretty sure Chris got a shot straight up Lisa's skirt as she was spinning literally right on top of him--and Judi Hatton--and me!

As for Shalene, keep in mind that she'd only given birth a month beforehand in January.  She was back to her normal fighting shape by Valentine's Day.

And I am SO.GLAD. they are moving the comp away from the Hilton next year (for those of you that don't know, it's going over to the Renaissance next year).  It's a great hotel, but having it the same weekend as Beerfest every year is just not fair to us dancers.  In years past there have been drunk rednecks puking in the bathroom at the same time that you're in there in your $4,000 designer gown.  It was nasty.  I think they at least finally closed off the hotel bathrooms to the alcoholics.

You've got a PM coming about said former redhead pro and Team Ermis...
Ginger
Bronze

I see what you did there.

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 01:53:47 AM »

I loved Lisa's dress, and there was one other green one that actually had a kind of pattern on it, it was chiffon, and green, too. I agree that The Couple In White were *really* really not first-place material.

LOL, we were in the corner when Lisa did that spin- the guys leaned over and chorus "Yep, Wax"... *eyeroll*

Very very glad that RedneckFest and DanceYay will not be held within puking distance of one another next year. I went to the bathroom and heard two blondes trying to have... like... a... like.... converrrrssssshaaaysssshunnn... like... and my IQ dropped ten points.
MusicChica
Intermediate Silver

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 01:59:18 AM »

That was Lucy Fitzgerald's dress, and yeah I thought it was really pretty too.

Couple In White even lost her necklace/choker while dancing right in front of me & Jennifer Booth during the mambo, and it landed directly at my feet.  I scooped it up so nobody would trip on it, but apparently she didn't even realize she'd lost it, because when I handed it back to her at the end of the dance she looked stunned and embarrassed.

ROTLFMAO...boys will be boys I guess when it comes to stuff like that!
etp777
Bronze

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 06:44:13 AM »

ROTLFMAO...boys will be boys I guess when it comes to stuff like that!

yes, yes we will.  Smiley 

I still haven't seen them dance yet.  Well, seen video, but last time I saw Mazen was in St Louis, and he was still dancing with Magdalena there (of course, they were clear winners there too).  I'm looking forward to seeing mazen and Lisa sometime.  May have to wait until Ohio.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: